No nomination filed on day one for Nandigama by-poll
Vijayawada: No nomination was filed on day one on Wednesday for Nandigama constituency by-poll in Krishna district, an official said.
Returning Officer Rajanikantha Rao had made preparations to accept the nominations, after the Election Commission issued a notification in this regard today, divisional public relations officer, Vijayawada said.
Nandigama (Scheduled caste) constituency fell vacant after death of legislator Tangirala Prbhakara Rao on June 15 this year. He was elected on a TDP ticket for second time from the constituency in the general elections held in May this year.
The last date for filing nominations is August 27 and the scrutiny will be held on August 28. The last date for withdrawal of nominations is August 30.
The constituency will go to polls on September 13 and counting will be conducted on September 16.
The model code of conduct came into effect in the Krishna district from August 16, the date of announcement of by-election schedule.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'