No nomination filed on day one for Nandigama by-poll
Vijayawada: No nomination was filed on day one on Wednesday for Nandigama constituency by-poll in Krishna district, an official said.
Returning Officer Rajanikantha Rao had made preparations to accept the nominations, after the Election Commission issued a notification in this regard today, divisional public relations officer, Vijayawada said.
Nandigama (Scheduled caste) constituency fell vacant after death of legislator Tangirala Prbhakara Rao on June 15 this year. He was elected on a TDP ticket for second time from the constituency in the general elections held in May this year.
The last date for filing nominations is August 27 and the scrutiny will be held on August 28. The last date for withdrawal of nominations is August 30.
The constituency will go to polls on September 13 and counting will be conducted on September 16.
The model code of conduct came into effect in the Krishna district from August 16, the date of announcement of by-election schedule.
- Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) Result 2016 to be declared today on May 3 at 12 noon
- Nagaland HSSLC (Class 12 on May ) Result 2016 to be declared today 3 at 12 noon
- VVIP chopper cam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi reaches CBI office for questioning
- Barack Obama has wish about Osama bin Laden`s last moments
- 162 children die in four months in Pakistan's Tharparkar district