No proposal on any poll alliance in Andhra: Venkaiah
Hyderabad: Denying reports that his party was planning an electoral alliance with Chandrababu Naidu-led TDP in Andhra Pradesh, senior BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu today said that the party is gearing up to contest all Assembly and Lok Sabha seats in the state.
"These reports have no support. There is no proposal from either side. State unit of BJP is going ahead with its plan to contest 42 Lok Sabha seats and 294 assembly seats (in AP). Our preparations are on. So far we have completed 16 Lok Sabha conventions also...We are going ahead. There is no proposal," he said.
Naidu was replying to a query on whether the BJP and Chandrababu Naidu-led TDP are coming together to take on the Congress in the southern state.
Telugu Desam Party (TDP) was one of the constituents of erstwhile NDA under former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
During a BJP`s election campaign rally here on August 11, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi had reached out to TDP by invoking party founder-president N T Rama Rao.
President of the state unit of BJP G Kishan Reddy too denied reports of any proposal for a tie-up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- WATCH: What a dance! Sizzling performance by IIT-Delhi girls on Sunny Leone's Baby Doll - You'll go mad!
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death
- Non-BJP parties plan to boycott PM Narendra Modi's 'Smart Cities Mission' event - Know the reason
- Two lakh ration cards cancelled in two months in Jharkhand
- PM Narendra Modi returns from Tashkent after completing his two-day visit