No proposal on any poll alliance in Andhra: Venkaiah
Hyderabad: Denying reports that his party was planning an electoral alliance with Chandrababu Naidu-led TDP in Andhra Pradesh, senior BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu today said that the party is gearing up to contest all Assembly and Lok Sabha seats in the state.
"These reports have no support. There is no proposal from either side. State unit of BJP is going ahead with its plan to contest 42 Lok Sabha seats and 294 assembly seats (in AP). Our preparations are on. So far we have completed 16 Lok Sabha conventions also...We are going ahead. There is no proposal," he said.
Naidu was replying to a query on whether the BJP and Chandrababu Naidu-led TDP are coming together to take on the Congress in the southern state.
Telugu Desam Party (TDP) was one of the constituents of erstwhile NDA under former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
During a BJP`s election campaign rally here on August 11, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi had reached out to TDP by invoking party founder-president N T Rama Rao.
President of the state unit of BJP G Kishan Reddy too denied reports of any proposal for a tie-up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?