No proposal on any poll alliance in Andhra: Venkaiah
Hyderabad: Denying reports that his party was planning an electoral alliance with Chandrababu Naidu-led TDP in Andhra Pradesh, senior BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu today said that the party is gearing up to contest all Assembly and Lok Sabha seats in the state.
"These reports have no support. There is no proposal from either side. State unit of BJP is going ahead with its plan to contest 42 Lok Sabha seats and 294 assembly seats (in AP). Our preparations are on. So far we have completed 16 Lok Sabha conventions also...We are going ahead. There is no proposal," he said.
Naidu was replying to a query on whether the BJP and Chandrababu Naidu-led TDP are coming together to take on the Congress in the southern state.
Telugu Desam Party (TDP) was one of the constituents of erstwhile NDA under former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
During a BJP`s election campaign rally here on August 11, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi had reached out to TDP by invoking party founder-president N T Rama Rao.
President of the state unit of BJP G Kishan Reddy too denied reports of any proposal for a tie-up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug