`No radiation from Andhra truck accident`
Mumbai: The Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) on Tuesday said there has been no radioactive leakage from a container carrying uranium peroxide which met with an accident in Andhra Pradesh.
In a statement here, a DAE spokesperson said the truck was proceeding from Uranium Corp of India Ltd in Jaduguda, Jharkhand, to the Nuclear Fuel Complex in Hyderabad.
It met with a minor accident in Srikakulam district on Monday morning.
“The power unit of the trailer truck (engine and driver`s cabin) got partially damaged. There has been no impact on the container and the drums containing uranium peroxide,” the spokesman said.
“Alternate power unit has already been dispatched to the site of the accident,” the spokesman added.
As per normal practice, the trailer was being escorted by eight armed personnel of the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) in two vehicles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad