No relief for Nimmagadda Prasad in Jagan DA case
Hyderabad: A local court on Monday denied bail to industrialist Nimmagadda Prasad, arrested by CBI in an alleged disproportionate assets case, involving Kadapa MP YS Jaganmohan Reddy.
The special court for CBI cases here dismissed Prasad`s bail plea with the investigating agency urging the court against granting any relief to the businessman contending that the investigations into VANPIC (Vodarevu and Nizampatnam Ports and Industrial Corridor) project have reached a crucial phase.
According to CBI, Prasad as chairman of Matrix Group got nearly 24,000 acres of land sanctioned by the Andhra Pradesh government for VANPIC project as quid pro quo for investments made by him in Jagan`s businesses when Y S Rajasekhara Reddy was chief minister.
Prasad requested the court to grant him bail on grounds that the CBI has completed its probe in the case and he has extended all cooperation to the agency. However, the court turned down his application.
According to CBI, Prasad is accused of exaggerating to the tune of Rs 300 crore the land acquisition cost for Vanpic Project.
Prasad incorporated Matrix Enport Holdings Pvt Ltd during December 2007-January 2008 and the next month the Government of RAK (Ras Al Khaimah) addressed the then Anadhra Pradesh Government for creation of the proposed Vanpic project on government-to-government basis, the agency had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown