No relief for Nimmagadda Prasad in Jagan DA case
Hyderabad: A local court on Monday denied bail to industrialist Nimmagadda Prasad, arrested by CBI in an alleged disproportionate assets case, involving Kadapa MP YS Jaganmohan Reddy.
The special court for CBI cases here dismissed Prasad`s bail plea with the investigating agency urging the court against granting any relief to the businessman contending that the investigations into VANPIC (Vodarevu and Nizampatnam Ports and Industrial Corridor) project have reached a crucial phase.
According to CBI, Prasad as chairman of Matrix Group got nearly 24,000 acres of land sanctioned by the Andhra Pradesh government for VANPIC project as quid pro quo for investments made by him in Jagan`s businesses when Y S Rajasekhara Reddy was chief minister.
Prasad requested the court to grant him bail on grounds that the CBI has completed its probe in the case and he has extended all cooperation to the agency. However, the court turned down his application.
According to CBI, Prasad is accused of exaggerating to the tune of Rs 300 crore the land acquisition cost for Vanpic Project.
Prasad incorporated Matrix Enport Holdings Pvt Ltd during December 2007-January 2008 and the next month the Government of RAK (Ras Al Khaimah) addressed the then Anadhra Pradesh Government for creation of the proposed Vanpic project on government-to-government basis, the agency had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...