No relief for Nimmagadda Prasad in Jagan DA case
Hyderabad: A local court on Monday denied bail to industrialist Nimmagadda Prasad, arrested by CBI in an alleged disproportionate assets case, involving Kadapa MP YS Jaganmohan Reddy.
The special court for CBI cases here dismissed Prasad`s bail plea with the investigating agency urging the court against granting any relief to the businessman contending that the investigations into VANPIC (Vodarevu and Nizampatnam Ports and Industrial Corridor) project have reached a crucial phase.
According to CBI, Prasad as chairman of Matrix Group got nearly 24,000 acres of land sanctioned by the Andhra Pradesh government for VANPIC project as quid pro quo for investments made by him in Jagan`s businesses when Y S Rajasekhara Reddy was chief minister.
Prasad requested the court to grant him bail on grounds that the CBI has completed its probe in the case and he has extended all cooperation to the agency. However, the court turned down his application.
According to CBI, Prasad is accused of exaggerating to the tune of Rs 300 crore the land acquisition cost for Vanpic Project.
Prasad incorporated Matrix Enport Holdings Pvt Ltd during December 2007-January 2008 and the next month the Government of RAK (Ras Al Khaimah) addressed the then Anadhra Pradesh Government for creation of the proposed Vanpic project on government-to-government basis, the agency had said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?