No relief for Nimmagadda Prasad in Jagan DA case
Hyderabad: A local court on Monday denied bail to industrialist Nimmagadda Prasad, arrested by CBI in an alleged disproportionate assets case, involving Kadapa MP YS Jaganmohan Reddy.
The special court for CBI cases here dismissed Prasad`s bail plea with the investigating agency urging the court against granting any relief to the businessman contending that the investigations into VANPIC (Vodarevu and Nizampatnam Ports and Industrial Corridor) project have reached a crucial phase.
According to CBI, Prasad as chairman of Matrix Group got nearly 24,000 acres of land sanctioned by the Andhra Pradesh government for VANPIC project as quid pro quo for investments made by him in Jagan`s businesses when Y S Rajasekhara Reddy was chief minister.
Prasad requested the court to grant him bail on grounds that the CBI has completed its probe in the case and he has extended all cooperation to the agency. However, the court turned down his application.
According to CBI, Prasad is accused of exaggerating to the tune of Rs 300 crore the land acquisition cost for Vanpic Project.
Prasad incorporated Matrix Enport Holdings Pvt Ltd during December 2007-January 2008 and the next month the Government of RAK (Ras Al Khaimah) addressed the then Anadhra Pradesh Government for creation of the proposed Vanpic project on government-to-government basis, the agency had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- British tourist masturbated at in Mumbai; Indian men apologise
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now