No rethink on Telangana creation: Cabinet Secretary
New Delhi: Unfazed by protests, government on Tuesday ruled out any rethink on bifurcating Andhra Pradesh.
"There cannot be a rethink on the issue. A decision has already been taken by the Cabinet," Cabinet Secretary Ajit Kumar Seth said.
Seth`s remarks came on a day when government reorganised the Group of Ministers (GoM) panel for working out modalities of creation of the new Telangana state for which a decision was taken on October 3.
Last week, the had decided to go ahead with the decision to create a seperate Telangana state. After the decision, the protestors intensified their agitation, thus crippling the normal life in Seemandhra region.
YSR Congress chief Jagan Mohan Reddy and Telegu Desam Party supremo N Chandrababu Naidu have gone on fast over the decision.
Commenting on the on-going agitation in Seemandhra region, Seth said "normalacy shall be restored in the region."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16