No rethink on Telangana creation: Cabinet Secretary
New Delhi: Unfazed by protests, government on Tuesday ruled out any rethink on bifurcating Andhra Pradesh.
"There cannot be a rethink on the issue. A decision has already been taken by the Cabinet," Cabinet Secretary Ajit Kumar Seth said.
Seth`s remarks came on a day when government reorganised the Group of Ministers (GoM) panel for working out modalities of creation of the new Telangana state for which a decision was taken on October 3.
Last week, the had decided to go ahead with the decision to create a seperate Telangana state. After the decision, the protestors intensified their agitation, thus crippling the normal life in Seemandhra region.
YSR Congress chief Jagan Mohan Reddy and Telegu Desam Party supremo N Chandrababu Naidu have gone on fast over the decision.
Commenting on the on-going agitation in Seemandhra region, Seth said "normalacy shall be restored in the region."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!