Nod for attachment of properties of 3 Jagan firms
Hyderabad: The noose tightened further around Kadapa MP YS Jaganmohan Reddy in the disproportionate assets case with Andhra Pradesh government giving permission to CBI on Friday to attach properties of three firms he promoted.
The state government issued three separate orders this evening giving permission to CBI to attach the properties of Jagati Publications, Indira Television and Janani Infrastructure Company promoted and owned by Jagan.
The attachment process, however, will take six months to be completed as CBI has to first identify the properties and then file a detailed petition in the special court, informed sources said.
The state government, in response to a plea by CBI a few days ago, obtained legal opinion before granting the permission for attachment of Jagan`s properties, the sources added.
An administrator would be appointed to oversee the properties (to be attached) and prevent any type of transactions of them, the sources said.
CBI established that over Rs 1170 crore came into Jagati through various sources, ostensibly as quid pro quo deals.
The agency had already frozen three bank accounts of Jagati, Indira Television and Janani Infra as part of the investigations in the case.
Jagati publishes Sakshi Telugu daily while Indira Television runs Sakshi news channel.
The state government also permitted CBI to attach properties of industrialist Koneru Prasad and Jagan`s close aide Sunil Reddy in the Emaar Properties scam. Both Prasad and Sunil have been arrested in the Emaar case and are currently in jail.
The Emaar case relates to scaling down of the state government`s share in the joint venture, thereby resulting in alleged monetary loss to the public exchequer.
Senior IAS officer B P Acharya, the prime accused in the case, is also in jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Brexit 'wake-up call for Europe', says Austrian President Heinz Fischer
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill
- WATCH: What a dance! Sizzling performance by IIT-Delhi girls on Sunny Leone's Baby Doll - You'll go mad!
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death