Nod for attachment of properties of 3 Jagan firms
Hyderabad: The noose tightened further around Kadapa MP YS Jaganmohan Reddy in the disproportionate assets case with Andhra Pradesh government giving permission to CBI on Friday to attach properties of three firms he promoted.
The state government issued three separate orders this evening giving permission to CBI to attach the properties of Jagati Publications, Indira Television and Janani Infrastructure Company promoted and owned by Jagan.
The attachment process, however, will take six months to be completed as CBI has to first identify the properties and then file a detailed petition in the special court, informed sources said.
The state government, in response to a plea by CBI a few days ago, obtained legal opinion before granting the permission for attachment of Jagan`s properties, the sources added.
An administrator would be appointed to oversee the properties (to be attached) and prevent any type of transactions of them, the sources said.
CBI established that over Rs 1170 crore came into Jagati through various sources, ostensibly as quid pro quo deals.
The agency had already frozen three bank accounts of Jagati, Indira Television and Janani Infra as part of the investigations in the case.
Jagati publishes Sakshi Telugu daily while Indira Television runs Sakshi news channel.
The state government also permitted CBI to attach properties of industrialist Koneru Prasad and Jagan`s close aide Sunil Reddy in the Emaar Properties scam. Both Prasad and Sunil have been arrested in the Emaar case and are currently in jail.
The Emaar case relates to scaling down of the state government`s share in the joint venture, thereby resulting in alleged monetary loss to the public exchequer.
Senior IAS officer B P Acharya, the prime accused in the case, is also in jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS