Noisy scenes in Andhra Pradesh Assembly
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly was stalled on Saturday after main opposition Telugu Desam Party demanded immediate discussion on state power crisis while Telangana Rashtra Samiti continued with its protest on the arrest of its MLAs during the `Sadak Bandh` agitation.
The House was adjourned twice this morning without any business due to noisy scenes by opposition members.
Speaker Nadendla Manohar called a meeting of floor leaders of all parties to break the deadlock.
Telugu Desam Party (TDP) and Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) MLAs rushed into the Well of the House as soon as the proceedings began at 9 am and raised their respective demands.
The Speaker disallowed the adjournment motions moved by opposition parties on the power crisis and the sadak bandh arrests.
The TDP members were vociferous in their demand for an immediate discussion on the grave power crisis gripping the state.
It may be recalled that the TDP legislators sat on a 11-hour long protest inside the House after it was adjourned for the day yesterday.
They were forcibly evicted by police from the Assembly around 11 pm and dropped at the TDP headquarters NTR Bhavan. They continued with their protest as the House began today and persisted with their demand.
Amid the din, the Speaker first adjourned the proceedings for an hour and later for half an hour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in