Noisy scenes in Andhra Pradesh Assembly
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly was stalled on Saturday after main opposition Telugu Desam Party demanded immediate discussion on state power crisis while Telangana Rashtra Samiti continued with its protest on the arrest of its MLAs during the `Sadak Bandh` agitation.
The House was adjourned twice this morning without any business due to noisy scenes by opposition members.
Speaker Nadendla Manohar called a meeting of floor leaders of all parties to break the deadlock.
Telugu Desam Party (TDP) and Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) MLAs rushed into the Well of the House as soon as the proceedings began at 9 am and raised their respective demands.
The Speaker disallowed the adjournment motions moved by opposition parties on the power crisis and the sadak bandh arrests.
The TDP members were vociferous in their demand for an immediate discussion on the grave power crisis gripping the state.
It may be recalled that the TDP legislators sat on a 11-hour long protest inside the House after it was adjourned for the day yesterday.
They were forcibly evicted by police from the Assembly around 11 pm and dropped at the TDP headquarters NTR Bhavan. They continued with their protest as the House began today and persisted with their demand.
Amid the din, the Speaker first adjourned the proceedings for an hour and later for half an hour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH