Noisy scenes in Andhra Pradesh Assembly
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly was stalled on Saturday after main opposition Telugu Desam Party demanded immediate discussion on state power crisis while Telangana Rashtra Samiti continued with its protest on the arrest of its MLAs during the `Sadak Bandh` agitation.
The House was adjourned twice this morning without any business due to noisy scenes by opposition members.
Speaker Nadendla Manohar called a meeting of floor leaders of all parties to break the deadlock.
Telugu Desam Party (TDP) and Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) MLAs rushed into the Well of the House as soon as the proceedings began at 9 am and raised their respective demands.
The Speaker disallowed the adjournment motions moved by opposition parties on the power crisis and the sadak bandh arrests.
The TDP members were vociferous in their demand for an immediate discussion on the grave power crisis gripping the state.
It may be recalled that the TDP legislators sat on a 11-hour long protest inside the House after it was adjourned for the day yesterday.
They were forcibly evicted by police from the Assembly around 11 pm and dropped at the TDP headquarters NTR Bhavan. They continued with their protest as the House began today and persisted with their demand.
Amid the din, the Speaker first adjourned the proceedings for an hour and later for half an hour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad