`Non-cooperative` Owaisi stays in jail
Hyderabad: Majlis-e-Ittehad-ul Muslimeen MLA Akbaruddin Owaisi, who is accused of making alleged hate speeches on December 22, is not cooperating with the local police investigating the case against him.
Reports on Wednesday claimed that the MIM legislator was sent back to judicial custody a day before the completion of his five-day police custody this morning over lack of cooperation from him.
The Nirmal police, which is probing the alleged hate speech cases against him, claims that the MIM MLA remains non-cooperative during the questioning and even denies having delivered such provocative speeches while addressing a public rally here.
The local police officials, who returned Owaisi to judicial custody without much noise, say that the MIM legislator at times feigns forgetfulness about the event itself.
The MIM MLA, who was being questioned by the police at the AR headquarters in Adilabad town since January 12, was produced before Nirmal Judicial First Class Magistrate (JFCM) K Ajesh Kumar at 4.30 am before being brought back to the District Jail, Adilabad, for the remaining part of judicial custody.
Nirmal police sources claim that the MIM MLA has remained `non-cooperative` through the entire course of the questioning on the December 22 hate speech here.
Upset with his lack of cooperation, the the Nirmal police decided that to sent him back to judicial custody.
The MLA was reportedly brought back to the prison in Adilabad at about 7 am.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves