`Non-cooperative` Owaisi stays in jail
Hyderabad: Majlis-e-Ittehad-ul Muslimeen MLA Akbaruddin Owaisi, who is accused of making alleged hate speeches on December 22, is not cooperating with the local police investigating the case against him.
Reports on Wednesday claimed that the MIM legislator was sent back to judicial custody a day before the completion of his five-day police custody this morning over lack of cooperation from him.
The Nirmal police, which is probing the alleged hate speech cases against him, claims that the MIM MLA remains non-cooperative during the questioning and even denies having delivered such provocative speeches while addressing a public rally here.
The local police officials, who returned Owaisi to judicial custody without much noise, say that the MIM legislator at times feigns forgetfulness about the event itself.
The MIM MLA, who was being questioned by the police at the AR headquarters in Adilabad town since January 12, was produced before Nirmal Judicial First Class Magistrate (JFCM) K Ajesh Kumar at 4.30 am before being brought back to the District Jail, Adilabad, for the remaining part of judicial custody.
Nirmal police sources claim that the MIM MLA has remained `non-cooperative` through the entire course of the questioning on the December 22 hate speech here.
Upset with his lack of cooperation, the the Nirmal police decided that to sent him back to judicial custody.
The MLA was reportedly brought back to the prison in Adilabad at about 7 am.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks