Non-gazetted officials invite leaders to protest for united AP
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh Non-Gazetted Officers` Association (APNGOA) on Tuesday invited all political parties for a day-long dharna being organised by it here on Wednesday to oppose the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh.
APNGOA president P Ashok Babu told reporters here that leaders, irrespective of their political affiliations, should highlight the cause of a "united" Andhra Pradesh.
The AP state legislature, which is in session, is debating the draft Andhra Pradesh Re-organisation Bill.
The President of India has given time until January 23 to return the draft Bill after due deliberations, though the AP government has sought four more weeks to discuss it.
Earlier, AP government employees who have been in the forefront of the agitation against the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh had organised a strike lasting for over two months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation