Non-Telangana Cong leaders to voice stand in Delhi
Hyderabad: In the wake of Telangana Congress leaders lobbying with the party high command for a favourable decision on separate statehood demand, Congress leaders from the non-Telangana regions on Monday said they would also go to Delhi to voice their feelings.
"Definitely, we will go to Delhi to express our feelings to the Centre and also to our party high command," Andhra Pradesh Primary Education Minister S Sailajanath, who hails from Rayalaseema region, told reporters.
Agreeing that there is a sentiment in favour of separate Telangana in the region, senior Congress MLA JC Diwakar Reddy said the feelings of Rayalaseema and coastal Andhra should also matter.
Meanwhile, Congress MLA from Telanagana region G Venkataramana Reddy said they did not impose any deadline before the party president Sonia Gandhi for a favourable decision on the separate statehood demand.
A large delegation of Telangana Congress MPs, MLAs and state ministers met top Congress leaders like Pranab Mukherjee and P Chidambaram last week and demanded that a decision on Telangana be made quickly.
Some of the leaders had reportedly threatened to quit their posts if a favourable decision is not taken by July.
Meanwhile, state Congress president Botsa Satyanarayana, who is the state Transport Minister, met Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy today and discussed various issues concerning the party with him, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price