Northeast exodus: South Central Railway braces up
Hyderabad: The South Central Railway (SCR) has made special provisions to cater to the growing number of northeastern people from the city rushing toward their home states amid rumours of impending attacks on them in the wake of Assam violence.
"Extra coaches are being attached to trains going towards Kolkata and Guwahati.
While two additional general coaches were attached to Hyderabad-Howrah East Coast Express (18646) today, as many coaches will be attached to this train tomorrow as well. In addition to this, four extra bogies will be attached to Secunderabad-Guwahati weekly Express (12513) tomorrow," a railway release said.
Apart from this, passengers can also avail the additional services being operated on the Bangalore-Guwahati route. These services have a stoppage at Vijayawada which is well connected from twin cities of Hyderabad and Secunderabad.
The SCR has so far run six special trains on this route, the statement said.
The focus of the SCR is to ensure hassle-free commuting for passengers swarming the Secunderabad railway station in last few days, it said, adding the special duty staff are taking necessary steps in managing the queues at ticket counters.
The authorities have started three additional ticket windows to cater to the rush at Secunderabad railway station during timings of the above trains.
The Kolkata-bound trains Falaknuma Express, Eastcoast Express and Guwahati Express are being escorted by security personnel from the Railway Protection Force (RPF), while extra commercial staff (TTEs) are stationed to ensure managing the onboard rush, the release added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark