Northeast exodus: South Central Railway braces up
Hyderabad: The South Central Railway (SCR) has made special provisions to cater to the growing number of northeastern people from the city rushing toward their home states amid rumours of impending attacks on them in the wake of Assam violence.
"Extra coaches are being attached to trains going towards Kolkata and Guwahati.
While two additional general coaches were attached to Hyderabad-Howrah East Coast Express (18646) today, as many coaches will be attached to this train tomorrow as well. In addition to this, four extra bogies will be attached to Secunderabad-Guwahati weekly Express (12513) tomorrow," a railway release said.
Apart from this, passengers can also avail the additional services being operated on the Bangalore-Guwahati route. These services have a stoppage at Vijayawada which is well connected from twin cities of Hyderabad and Secunderabad.
The SCR has so far run six special trains on this route, the statement said.
The focus of the SCR is to ensure hassle-free commuting for passengers swarming the Secunderabad railway station in last few days, it said, adding the special duty staff are taking necessary steps in managing the queues at ticket counters.
The authorities have started three additional ticket windows to cater to the rush at Secunderabad railway station during timings of the above trains.
The Kolkata-bound trains Falaknuma Express, Eastcoast Express and Guwahati Express are being escorted by security personnel from the Railway Protection Force (RPF), while extra commercial staff (TTEs) are stationed to ensure managing the onboard rush, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mumbai Film City shoot-out: CCTV footage help police arrest assailants
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27