Northeast exodus: South Central Railway braces up
Hyderabad: The South Central Railway (SCR) has made special provisions to cater to the growing number of northeastern people from the city rushing toward their home states amid rumours of impending attacks on them in the wake of Assam violence.
"Extra coaches are being attached to trains going towards Kolkata and Guwahati.
While two additional general coaches were attached to Hyderabad-Howrah East Coast Express (18646) today, as many coaches will be attached to this train tomorrow as well. In addition to this, four extra bogies will be attached to Secunderabad-Guwahati weekly Express (12513) tomorrow," a railway release said.
Apart from this, passengers can also avail the additional services being operated on the Bangalore-Guwahati route. These services have a stoppage at Vijayawada which is well connected from twin cities of Hyderabad and Secunderabad.
The SCR has so far run six special trains on this route, the statement said.
The focus of the SCR is to ensure hassle-free commuting for passengers swarming the Secunderabad railway station in last few days, it said, adding the special duty staff are taking necessary steps in managing the queues at ticket counters.
The authorities have started three additional ticket windows to cater to the rush at Secunderabad railway station during timings of the above trains.
The Kolkata-bound trains Falaknuma Express, Eastcoast Express and Guwahati Express are being escorted by security personnel from the Railway Protection Force (RPF), while extra commercial staff (TTEs) are stationed to ensure managing the onboard rush, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read