Not backing Telangana Bill unless Seemandhra concerns addressed: BJP
Vijayawada: BJP`s national general secretary P Muralidhar Rao on Monday said his party would not back the Telangana Bill unless the concerns of Seemandhra region were addressed.
"Unless the concerns of the Seemandhra region`s people are addressed, the BJP will not blindly support the Telangana Bill," Rao said, adding that at the same time the BJP was committed to the formation of a separate Telangana state.
The Andhra Pradesh State Re-organisation Bill, 2013 should be analysed before it is passed by Parliament, he said.
He said that the contents of the Bill should be discussed to do justice to all the regions.
Replying to a question, Rao said Aam Aadmi Party chief Arvind Kejriwal has no faith in governance and knows only "anacrhism".
He said the BJP wants development and political stability in Delhi, since the AAP government could not fulfil the ambitions of the people.
On national alliances before the general elections, he said that so far, there have been no alliances or any talks about alliances.
He said TDP president Chandrababu Naidu and AIADMK supremo Jayalalithaa`s meeting with Narendra Modi was merely a courtesy call and not for alliance talks, Rao clarified.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what