Not dependent on any party: Cong leaders from Telangana
Hyderabad: With the Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) ruling out a merger, Congress leaders from Telangana region on Tuesday expressed confidence that the national party would put up an impressive show in the coming general and legislative assembly elections.
"We are not dependent on any other party. We are confident of facing the municipal, Lok Sabha and assembly polls," senior Congress leader and former minister D Sridhar Babu told reporters here today.
TRS president Chandrasekhar Rao yesterday hit out against Congress for allegedly imposing several conditions on Telangana, while granting statehood to the region, and ruled out a merger of TRS with the national party.
Taking exception to the TRS president`s attack on the Congress, another senior Congress leader Mohammed Ali Shabbir alleged that Chandrasekhar Rao never spoke in Parliament in support of the Telangana demand.
It was because of Congress President Sonia Gandhi`s firmness that the Telangana achieved statehood, he said.
Recalling that the TRS president, along with his family members, had thanked Sonia Gandhi for accepting the demand for Telangana state, Congress MLA G Venkata Ramana Reddy asked how fair it was for him to blame the Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!