Not dependent on any party: Cong leaders from Telangana
Hyderabad: With the Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) ruling out a merger, Congress leaders from Telangana region on Tuesday expressed confidence that the national party would put up an impressive show in the coming general and legislative assembly elections.
"We are not dependent on any other party. We are confident of facing the municipal, Lok Sabha and assembly polls," senior Congress leader and former minister D Sridhar Babu told reporters here today.
TRS president Chandrasekhar Rao yesterday hit out against Congress for allegedly imposing several conditions on Telangana, while granting statehood to the region, and ruled out a merger of TRS with the national party.
Taking exception to the TRS president`s attack on the Congress, another senior Congress leader Mohammed Ali Shabbir alleged that Chandrasekhar Rao never spoke in Parliament in support of the Telangana demand.
It was because of Congress President Sonia Gandhi`s firmness that the Telangana achieved statehood, he said.
Recalling that the TRS president, along with his family members, had thanked Sonia Gandhi for accepting the demand for Telangana state, Congress MLA G Venkata Ramana Reddy asked how fair it was for him to blame the Congress.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents