Nothing can stop formation of separate Telangana state: KCR
Zee Media Bureau
Hyderabad: Shortly after both houses of the Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly rejected the Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Bill 2013 on creating a separate Telangana state by a voice vote, TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao on Thursday said that nothing can stop the formation of separate Telangana.
Referring to provisions of the Constitution, Rao said Parliament has supreme powers and that the Assembly can only express its views.
Expressing confidence that the Telangana Bill would be moved in the coming session of Parliament, the TRS chief said the separate state would be a reality in another 15 days.
The ensuing General Elections would be held in "two states" (post division of Andhra Pradesh), Rao said.
He said he would go to Delhi tomorrow and try to meet top leaders including Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi and BJP President Rajnath Singh.
Replying to a query about his party`s possible merger with Congress, he said the question comes after the Telangana Bill is passed in Parliament.
Meanwhile his son KT Rama Rao also reacted to the development by saying, “Both Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy and Speaker Nadendla Manohar have colluded and they are claiming that they have passed a resolution. This is a useless attempt. Nothing is going to happen by this.”
"Telangana would not be stopped with this. Telangana Bill would be moved in Parliament in the second week of February," the TRS MLA told reporters.
In an embarrassment for the Centre, the Andhra Pradesh Assembly today passed by voice vote a resolution moved by Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy rejecting the AP Reorganisation Bill-2013 which entails creation of separate Telangana state.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- DNA: Heroes of surgical strike receives gallantry award
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion