Nothing less than Telangana state acceptable to us: TRS
Hyderabad: TRS President K Chandrasekhar Rao on Tuesday asserted that his party would only accept formation of separate Telangana as a solution to the long-pending statehood issue in Andhra Pradesh.
"No other proposal would be acceptable to us. Telangana people would reject any other proposal," he said here.
His reaction came amid reports that the Centre would soon come up with a solution to the contentious Telangana issue.
Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde today said in Delhi that discussions were going on at the highest level on the statehood issue.
The TRS President expressed hope that his party would emerge as a major political force after the 2014 Assembly and general elections in the Congress-ruled state.
He was speaking after former Congress leader K Keshav Rao, who joined TRS over a fortnight ago, took over as Secretary General of the sub-regional party here.
Keshav Rao would also head the national affairs coordination committee of TRS, the party chief said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack