Nothing short of Telangana acceptable: TRS chief
Hyderabad: TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao on Sunday asserted that nothing short of separate Telangana, with
Hyderabad as its capital, would be acceptable to his party.
"Some people ask what about Hyderabad? What is there
about Hyderabad? This city was built with the taxes paid by
our elders during Nizam rule," he said, addressing a gathering
here after a group of CPI(M) workers joined the TRS.
"I demand that Centre give us Telangana as it existed
prior to the formation of Andhra Pradesh," he said.
Talking about the alleged injustice done to Telangana in
united Andhra Pradesh, he claimed that leaders from the region
were not allowed to continue as chief minister for the full
"Someone said why cannot Chandrasekhar Rao become Chief
Minister of Andhra Pradesh? Will they allow us to continue in
office for full five years? What happened to P V Narasimha
Rao, M Channa Reddy and T Anjaiah. Were they allowed to
continue for five years? I said Telangana cannot improve if
the state remained united," Rao said.
Hyderabad would emerge as a city of international
standards after separate Telangana was formed, he said.
Training guns on CPI(M), which is opposed to separate
Telangana, Rao pointed out that the left party drew its cadres
heavily from Nalgonda and other districts in Telangana.
"CPI(M) has just one MLA now. He is elected from Nalgonda
district. It is Nalgonda district that held CPI(M)`s
flag high. But, have they ever given the state secretary post
to any Telangana leader?," he claimed.
CPI(M) only cared for problems of non-Telangana
regions but not Telangana, Rao added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster