Notices issued against TRS chief, Kodandaram on Sonia remarks
Vishakhaptnam: Andhra Pradesh Legal Services Authority (APLSA) on Thursday served notices on TRS chief K Chandrasekhar Rao and Telangana Political JAC chairman Kodandaram, asking them to appear before it on February 15 on a plea accusing them of making derogatory comments against Congress leaders.
The petition in this regard was filed by Samaikhaya (United) Andhra students JAC convener Uma Maheshwar Rao seeking action against the duo for alleged disrespectful remarks on Congress president Sonia Gandhi and Manmohan Singh and delivering provocative speeches at different locations.
The Judge and the Secretary of Vizag chapter of State Legal Services Authority, K.Surya Rao today admitted the petition and served notices on KCR and Kodandaram directing them to appear before the authority on February 15.
The judge also posted the case for next hearing on February 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video