Notices to two in Jagan DA case
Hyderabad: A special CBI court here Thursday ordered issuance of notices against a current and a former Andhra Pradesh minister accused in the disproportionate assets case against YSR Congress Chief Y S Jaganmohan Reddy.
The order was passed in response to CBI`s plea that no sanction was needed to prosecute them.
Roads and Buildings Minister Dharmana Prasada Rao and former Minister Mopidevi Venkata Ramana Rao, who was holding the Excise portfolio when he was arrested in May this year, are among the 14 chage-sheeted accused in this case.
Venkata Ramana Rao is presently under judicial custody.
CBI has contended that sanction for prosecution against both the accused was not necessary and court may take cognisance of cases against them under Prevention of Corruption Act.
Dharmana was the Revenue Minister in the YS Rajsekhara Reddy`s tenure in 2004-2009, when the `Vanpic Project` was conceived.
Mopidevi was then Infrastructure Minister.
The CBI said as the two accused no more held the same portfolios, sanction for prosecution was not required.
After ordering issuance of notices against Dharmana and Mopidevi, court today posted the matter to December 31.
Andhra Pradesh government, on November 23, had rejected the CBI`s plea for prosecution of Dharmana.
According to CBI, promoter of Vanpic Project Nimmagadda Prasad invested Rs 854 crore in the companies belonging to Jagan.
In return, he was awarded several government projects.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks