Notices to two in Jagan disproportionate assets case
Hyderabad: A special CBI court here on Thursday ordered issuance of notices against a current and a former Andhra Pradesh minister accused in the disproportionate assets case against YSR Congress Chief Y S Jaganmohan Reddy.
The order was passed in response to CBI`s plea that no sanction was needed to prosecute them.
Roads and Buildings Minister Dharmana Prasada Rao and former Minister Mopidevi Venkata Ramana Rao, who was holding the Excise portfolio when he was arrested in May this year, are among the 14 chage-sheeted accused in this case.
Venkata Ramana Rao is presently under judicial custody.
CBI has contended that sanction for prosecution against both the accused was not necessary and court may take cognisance of cases against them under Prevention of Corruption Act.
Dharmana was the Revenue Minister in the YS Rajsekhara Reddy`s tenure in 2004-2009, when the `Vanpic Project` was conceived.
Mopidevi was then Infrastructure Minister.
The CBI said as the two accused no more held the same portfolios, sanction for prosecution was not required.
After ordering issuance of notices against Dharmana and Mopidevi, court today posted the matter to December 31.
Andhra Pradesh government, on November 23, had rejected the CBI`s plea for prosecution of Dharmana.
According to CBI, promoter of Vanpic Project Nimmagadda Prasad invested Rs 854 crore in the companies belonging to Jagan.
In return, he was awarded several government projects.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp