Notorious criminal killed in police encounter
Bangalore: A criminal, wanted in more than 40
cases, was killed in an encounter with the city police in the
wee hours on Wednesday morning here, officials said.
Akram (31), who was wanted in more than 40 cases, including
in the murder case of a realtor, was intercepted by two teams
of police while he was going in a car along with his associate
Dinesh near HMT park, City Police Commissioner Jyotiprakash
Mirji told reporters here.
When the police team asked him to surrender, Akram opened
three rounds of fire and one of the bullets scraped through
the bullet proof jacket of Crime Branch ACP Nyamegowda, Mirji
Inspector Nagaraj, who was leading another police team to
hunt Akram, immediately opened fire. Akram who suffered
serious head injury was rushed to a hospital where doctors
declared him brought dead, he said.
Dinesh managed to flee the spot, Mirji said.
Akram had escaped from police custody twice earlier and was
wanted in connection with at least 36 car theft cases, an
attempt to murder and other cases, Mirji said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon