Notorious criminal killed in police encounter
Bangalore: A criminal, wanted in more than 40
cases, was killed in an encounter with the city police in the
wee hours on Wednesday morning here, officials said.
Akram (31), who was wanted in more than 40 cases, including
in the murder case of a realtor, was intercepted by two teams
of police while he was going in a car along with his associate
Dinesh near HMT park, City Police Commissioner Jyotiprakash
Mirji told reporters here.
When the police team asked him to surrender, Akram opened
three rounds of fire and one of the bullets scraped through
the bullet proof jacket of Crime Branch ACP Nyamegowda, Mirji
Inspector Nagaraj, who was leading another police team to
hunt Akram, immediately opened fire. Akram who suffered
serious head injury was rushed to a hospital where doctors
declared him brought dead, he said.
Dinesh managed to flee the spot, Mirji said.
Akram had escaped from police custody twice earlier and was
wanted in connection with at least 36 car theft cases, an
attempt to murder and other cases, Mirji said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- West Indies vs India: 2nd T20I — As it happened...
- Shocking! China man jumps underneath moving truck in dramatic video – Watch what happens next
- Islam doesn't allow women to visit graves, Haji Ali Dargah is one of them: Chairman
- Davis Cup: India to host Spain under flood-lights
- India, US eye bilateral trade worth $500 billion: Report