NTR fan, former Andhra minister is dead
Hyderabad: Former Andhra Pradesh minister and Telugu Desam Party (TDP) leader Sripathi Rajeshwar Rao died Sunday. He was 73.
Rao, who was suffering from a kidney ailment for quite some time, breathed his last at Nizam`s Institute of Medical Sciences (NIMS) here. His last rites will be performed in Secunderabad here Monday, family members said.
A die-hard fan of legendary Telugu actor NT Rama Rao, he was founder-president of NTR Fan`s Association.
TDP founder NTR inducted Rajeshwar Rao into his cabinet in 1985.
He was elected twice to the state assembly from Sanathnagar constituency in Hyderabad in 1985 and 1999.
Rajeshwar Rao had recently launched a signature campaign in support of his demand for Bharat Ratna, the country`s highest civilian award, for NTR.
TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu and NTR`s son and popular actor N. Balakrishna have condoled the death of Rajeshwar Rao and conveyed their heartfelt sympathies to the bereaved family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing