NTR fan, former Andhra minister is dead
Hyderabad: Former Andhra Pradesh minister and Telugu Desam Party (TDP) leader Sripathi Rajeshwar Rao died Sunday. He was 73.
Rao, who was suffering from a kidney ailment for quite some time, breathed his last at Nizam`s Institute of Medical Sciences (NIMS) here. His last rites will be performed in Secunderabad here Monday, family members said.
A die-hard fan of legendary Telugu actor NT Rama Rao, he was founder-president of NTR Fan`s Association.
TDP founder NTR inducted Rajeshwar Rao into his cabinet in 1985.
He was elected twice to the state assembly from Sanathnagar constituency in Hyderabad in 1985 and 1999.
Rajeshwar Rao had recently launched a signature campaign in support of his demand for Bharat Ratna, the country`s highest civilian award, for NTR.
TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu and NTR`s son and popular actor N. Balakrishna have condoled the death of Rajeshwar Rao and conveyed their heartfelt sympathies to the bereaved family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Malegaon blast case: Sadhvi Pragya files for bail after NIA files fresh chargesheet
- Novak Djokovic poised to become first man to win $100 million in prize money
- Bihar Board class 10th results: More than 50 percent students fail in exams - Is this the reason?
- Tax holiday for start-ups should be raised to 7 years, says Commerce Minister
- Protest in Portugal against private school funding cuts