NTR`s son Balakrishna to join politics
Vijayawada: Yet another Telugu film star is
set to enter politics with TDP founder N T Rama Rao`s son
Nandamuri Balakrishna today announcing that he would contest
the election in 2014.
"I will jump into the electoral battle in 2014, apart
from campaigning for TDP in Andhra Pradesh," said Balaiah, as
he is popularly known.
Balaiah, who acted in several Telugu blockbusters in a
career spanning three decades, had campaigned for the TDP when
his father was at the helm, and even later when Chandrababu
Naidu took over the reins.
Balaiah`s daughter is married to Chandrababu`s son.
"Apart from campaigning for the party candidates, I will
directly enter the electoral fray. I will contest from any
place that the party decides," he told reporters during a
visit to Vijayawada this evening.
Balaiah will unveil the statue of his late father at
Ghantasala village in Krishna district tomorrow.
There is a long line of former Telugu filmstars joining
politics with the legendary NTR himself being the most
outstanding example of the trend.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery