NTR`s son Balakrishna to join politics
Vijayawada: Yet another Telugu film star is
set to enter politics with TDP founder N T Rama Rao`s son
Nandamuri Balakrishna today announcing that he would contest
the election in 2014.
"I will jump into the electoral battle in 2014, apart
from campaigning for TDP in Andhra Pradesh," said Balaiah, as
he is popularly known.
Balaiah, who acted in several Telugu blockbusters in a
career spanning three decades, had campaigned for the TDP when
his father was at the helm, and even later when Chandrababu
Naidu took over the reins.
Balaiah`s daughter is married to Chandrababu`s son.
"Apart from campaigning for the party candidates, I will
directly enter the electoral fray. I will contest from any
place that the party decides," he told reporters during a
visit to Vijayawada this evening.
Balaiah will unveil the statue of his late father at
Ghantasala village in Krishna district tomorrow.
There is a long line of former Telugu filmstars joining
politics with the legendary NTR himself being the most
outstanding example of the trend.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections