NTR`s son Balakrishna to join politics
Vijayawada: Yet another Telugu film star is
set to enter politics with TDP founder N T Rama Rao`s son
Nandamuri Balakrishna today announcing that he would contest
the election in 2014.
"I will jump into the electoral battle in 2014, apart
from campaigning for TDP in Andhra Pradesh," said Balaiah, as
he is popularly known.
Balaiah, who acted in several Telugu blockbusters in a
career spanning three decades, had campaigned for the TDP when
his father was at the helm, and even later when Chandrababu
Naidu took over the reins.
Balaiah`s daughter is married to Chandrababu`s son.
"Apart from campaigning for the party candidates, I will
directly enter the electoral fray. I will contest from any
place that the party decides," he told reporters during a
visit to Vijayawada this evening.
Balaiah will unveil the statue of his late father at
Ghantasala village in Krishna district tomorrow.
There is a long line of former Telugu filmstars joining
politics with the legendary NTR himself being the most
outstanding example of the trend.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India