OMC case: CBI files chargesheet against IAS officer
Hyderabad: CBI on Friday filed a supplementary
chargesheet in the illegal mining case involving Obulapuram
Mining Company of former Karnataka minister Gali Janardhan
Reddy, naming suspended IAS officer Yerra Srilakshmi as a
Srilakshmi has been charged with criminal conspiracy,
criminal breach of trust and causing wrongful gain (to OMC)
under the Indian Penal Code, as well as with offences under
Prevention of Corruption Act.
The agency, however, also informed the court that
Centre`s sanction to prosecute Srilakshmi was still awaited,
though necessary material had been sent to Delhi.
CBI officials submitted documents (14 files containing
several pages) to the court in support of charges against
Srilakshmi, who, it said, had conspired with Gali Janardhan
Reddy and other accused.
The 1988-batch officer, who was Commissioner of Health
and Family Welfare when she was arrested on November 28 last
year by the CBI, allegedly abused her earlier official
position as the secretary (Industries and Commerce) to favour
OMC in allotment of mining leases. She is in judicial custody
in Chanchalguda Prison here.
The CBI, in December, had filed the first chargesheet in
the case which named Janardhan Reddy, his brother-in-law B V
Srinivas Reddy (the Managing Director of OMC), former Director
of Mines and Geology Dept V D Rajagopal and late R Lingareddy,
the then Assistant Director (Mines and Geology) in Anantapur
district, besides OMC itself.
However, Srilakshmi`s name had not figured, as the CBI
was seeking sanction for prosecution.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing