OMC case: Suspended IAS officer Srilakshmi surrenders in court
Hyderabad: Suspended IAS officer Y Srilakshmi, an accused in the Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC) scam involving former Karnataka minister Gali Janardhana Reddy, surrendered on Thursday before a special CBI court here following the expiry of her interim bail.
Srilaksmhi, who was granted interim bail in October last year, was wheeled into the court room. She gave herself up following March 18 orders of the court. She was later shifted to the Chanchalguda Central Prison.
Though the suspended Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer had applied for extension of the bail, the Principal Special Court for CBI Cases directed her to first surrender.
The court asked the prison authorities to take her to Osmania General Hospital for check-up and produce her medical reports on March 25. The court will pronounce its orders after the receipt of the medical reports.
Srilakshmi sought the extension of the interim bail till completion of investigation into the case. She informed the court that she was undergoing treatment at the CMC Hospital at Vellore in Tamil Nadu to regain sensation in her left lower limb. The CBI, however, opposed her plea.
The Central government last week granted sanction to the CBI to prosecute Srilakshmi under Prevention of Corruption Act.
She is one of the several IAS officers facing corruption charges in high-profile cases.
Srilakshmi, a 1988 batch IAS officer, was the Commissioner of Health and Family Welfare when she was arrested on November 28, 2011 by the CBI for allegedly abusing her earlier official position as the secretary (Industries and Commerce) to favour OMC in allotment of mining leases in nexus with Janardhana Reddy and others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'