OMC case: Suspended IAS officer Srilakshmi surrenders in court
Hyderabad: Suspended IAS officer Y Srilakshmi, an accused in the Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC) scam involving former Karnataka minister Gali Janardhana Reddy, surrendered on Thursday before a special CBI court here following the expiry of her interim bail.
Srilaksmhi, who was granted interim bail in October last year, was wheeled into the court room. She gave herself up following March 18 orders of the court. She was later shifted to the Chanchalguda Central Prison.
Though the suspended Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer had applied for extension of the bail, the Principal Special Court for CBI Cases directed her to first surrender.
The court asked the prison authorities to take her to Osmania General Hospital for check-up and produce her medical reports on March 25. The court will pronounce its orders after the receipt of the medical reports.
Srilakshmi sought the extension of the interim bail till completion of investigation into the case. She informed the court that she was undergoing treatment at the CMC Hospital at Vellore in Tamil Nadu to regain sensation in her left lower limb. The CBI, however, opposed her plea.
The Central government last week granted sanction to the CBI to prosecute Srilakshmi under Prevention of Corruption Act.
She is one of the several IAS officers facing corruption charges in high-profile cases.
Srilakshmi, a 1988 batch IAS officer, was the Commissioner of Health and Family Welfare when she was arrested on November 28, 2011 by the CBI for allegedly abusing her earlier official position as the secretary (Industries and Commerce) to favour OMC in allotment of mining leases in nexus with Janardhana Reddy and others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey