OMC scam: CBI filed charge sheet against Mehfuz Khan
Hyderabad: The CBI on Wednesday filed a charge sheet against K Mehfuz Ali Khan, an accused in the Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC) scam involving jailed former Karnataka minister Gali Janardhan Reddy.
Khan, the personal assistant of Reddy and the seventh accused in the OMC case, who is presently under judicial remand, has been charged with offences of criminal conspiracy and cheating by the CBI in the charge sheet filed in a special CBI court here.
The 75-page charge sheet cites 70 documents and 25 witnesses.
The central agency had earlier named mining baron Janardhan Reddy, his brother-in-law B V Srinivas Reddy (both arrested on September 5 last from Bellary and lodged in a jail here) and three others including the mining firm in its first charge sheet filed in December 2011 and charged them under relevant sections of IPC.
It later added the name of suspended IAS officer Y Srilakshmi, and a charge sheet was filed against her in March last year.
The CBI had earlier accused Khan of not only facilitating the offence but of also being a partner in the acts of the main accused (Reddys) in illegal mining, adding "There is ample proof and documentary evidence to show the active involvement of Khan in the offences."
Khan, also an accused in the Associated Mining Company (AMC) scam along with Janardhan Reddy and others, was brought to Hyderabad on September 25 last year and is under judicial remand here.
He had earlier surrendered before a court in Bangalore on March 2 last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues