OMC scam: CBI filed charge sheet against Mehfuz Khan
Hyderabad: The CBI on Wednesday filed a charge sheet against K Mehfuz Ali Khan, an accused in the Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC) scam involving jailed former Karnataka minister Gali Janardhan Reddy.
Khan, the personal assistant of Reddy and the seventh accused in the OMC case, who is presently under judicial remand, has been charged with offences of criminal conspiracy and cheating by the CBI in the charge sheet filed in a special CBI court here.
The 75-page charge sheet cites 70 documents and 25 witnesses.
The central agency had earlier named mining baron Janardhan Reddy, his brother-in-law B V Srinivas Reddy (both arrested on September 5 last from Bellary and lodged in a jail here) and three others including the mining firm in its first charge sheet filed in December 2011 and charged them under relevant sections of IPC.
It later added the name of suspended IAS officer Y Srilakshmi, and a charge sheet was filed against her in March last year.
The CBI had earlier accused Khan of not only facilitating the offence but of also being a partner in the acts of the main accused (Reddys) in illegal mining, adding "There is ample proof and documentary evidence to show the active involvement of Khan in the offences."
Khan, also an accused in the Associated Mining Company (AMC) scam along with Janardhan Reddy and others, was brought to Hyderabad on September 25 last year and is under judicial remand here.
He had earlier surrendered before a court in Bangalore on March 2 last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal