OMC scam: Rajagopal granted conditional bail
Hyderabad: A special CBI court here on Friday granted conditional bail to former director of state Mines and Geology department VD Rajagopal, the accused in the Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC) case involving former Karnataka minister Gali Janardhan Reddy.
The court directed Rajagopal to submit a personal bond of Rs 50,000 and two sureties for the like sum and to surrender his passport.
He was further asked to appear before the CBI office here twice a week on Tuesday and Friday and cooperate with the investigating agency.
Rajagopal, who is also the former vice-chairman and MD of Andhra Pradesh Mineral Development Corporation (APMDC), was under judicial custody since his arrest by CBI in November 2011.
The CBI had filed a chargesheet against Reddy and four others, including Rajagopal in the OMC case in December 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends