OMC scam: Rajagopal granted conditional bail
Hyderabad: A special CBI court here on Friday granted conditional bail to former director of state Mines and Geology department VD Rajagopal, the accused in the Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC) case involving former Karnataka minister Gali Janardhan Reddy.
The court directed Rajagopal to submit a personal bond of Rs 50,000 and two sureties for the like sum and to surrender his passport.
He was further asked to appear before the CBI office here twice a week on Tuesday and Friday and cooperate with the investigating agency.
Rajagopal, who is also the former vice-chairman and MD of Andhra Pradesh Mineral Development Corporation (APMDC), was under judicial custody since his arrest by CBI in November 2011.
The CBI had filed a chargesheet against Reddy and four others, including Rajagopal in the OMC case in December 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor