OMC to get interim custody of chopper owned by Janardhan Reddy
Hyderabad: A local court today granted interim custody of Bell-407 helicopter to Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC), owned by former Karnataka Tourism minister Gali Janardhan Reddy currently in jail in connection with an illegal mining case.
The Special CBI Court after verifying the evaluation reports of the copter asked CBI to give its interim custody to the OMC after production of personal bond for Rs 6.62 crore.
The court asked OMC to produce a third party surety offering security of the immovable property for the said amount in favour of the court.
The court had earlier directed the OMC to produce purchase bill of the chopper to arrive at its present value for releasing it by taking guarantee of the sum equivalent to its present value.
The court also directed the petitioner not to alienate, transfer, encumber or change the physical state of the helicopter, which is lying in an aerodrome in Bangalore.
The CBI, probing the illegal mining case involving Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC), had earlier opposed the release of the chopper and some luxury cars owned by Janardhan Reddy and OMC`s Managing Director B V Srinivas Reddy.
The Reddys charge-sheeted along with three others in the OMC case in December 2011 had in February 2012 approached the special CBI court seeking release of the chopper and some cars that were seized by the investigating agency after their arrest.
However, the central agency had alleged that the helicopter and the cars that were bought in the name of the OMC and Reddys, were purchased through "ill-gotten" money that was made in the mining scam.
The court subsequently released the luxury cars after due process.
Reddys are presently under judicial remand in Chanchalguda Jail here since their arrest on September 5, 2011 from Bellary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp