OMC to get interim custody of chopper owned by Janardhan Reddy
Hyderabad: A local court today granted interim custody of Bell-407 helicopter to Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC), owned by former Karnataka Tourism minister Gali Janardhan Reddy currently in jail in connection with an illegal mining case.
The Special CBI Court after verifying the evaluation reports of the copter asked CBI to give its interim custody to the OMC after production of personal bond for Rs 6.62 crore.
The court asked OMC to produce a third party surety offering security of the immovable property for the said amount in favour of the court.
The court had earlier directed the OMC to produce purchase bill of the chopper to arrive at its present value for releasing it by taking guarantee of the sum equivalent to its present value.
The court also directed the petitioner not to alienate, transfer, encumber or change the physical state of the helicopter, which is lying in an aerodrome in Bangalore.
The CBI, probing the illegal mining case involving Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC), had earlier opposed the release of the chopper and some luxury cars owned by Janardhan Reddy and OMC`s Managing Director B V Srinivas Reddy.
The Reddys charge-sheeted along with three others in the OMC case in December 2011 had in February 2012 approached the special CBI court seeking release of the chopper and some cars that were seized by the investigating agency after their arrest.
However, the central agency had alleged that the helicopter and the cars that were bought in the name of the OMC and Reddys, were purchased through "ill-gotten" money that was made in the mining scam.
The court subsequently released the luxury cars after due process.
Reddys are presently under judicial remand in Chanchalguda Jail here since their arrest on September 5, 2011 from Bellary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India