One crore women in AP to be made lakhiers: CM
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh Government
is fully committed to the welfare, security and prosperity of
every woman and shall make every woman member of Self Help
Groups (SHGs) a lakhier in the next four years, Chief Minister
K Rosaiah said on Sunday.
Interacting with the members of SHGs on the occasion
of the World Women`s Day here today, Rosaiah reiterated his
government`s efforts in implementing all the welfare measures
which empower women and said it was the late Chief Minister Y
S Rajasekhara Reddy`s desire to see women are self reliant.
The Chief Minister said the Government will facilitate
Rs 1 lakh crore bank loans to Self Help Group (SHG) women
members by 2014 to bring one crore families out of poverty,
thus making every woman a lakhier.
"I am of the opinion that
once the woman in the family is empowered, made
self-sufficient and happy, then the entire family prospers and
consequently the society and State will develop".
The Chief Minister congratulated the UPA Chairperson
Sonia Gandhi and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for paving way
for smooth passage of the Bill in the Parliament with all
major political parties supporting it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place