One crore women in AP to be made lakhiers: CM
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh Government
is fully committed to the welfare, security and prosperity of
every woman and shall make every woman member of Self Help
Groups (SHGs) a lakhier in the next four years, Chief Minister
K Rosaiah said on Sunday.
Interacting with the members of SHGs on the occasion
of the World Women`s Day here today, Rosaiah reiterated his
government`s efforts in implementing all the welfare measures
which empower women and said it was the late Chief Minister Y
S Rajasekhara Reddy`s desire to see women are self reliant.
The Chief Minister said the Government will facilitate
Rs 1 lakh crore bank loans to Self Help Group (SHG) women
members by 2014 to bring one crore families out of poverty,
thus making every woman a lakhier.
"I am of the opinion that
once the woman in the family is empowered, made
self-sufficient and happy, then the entire family prospers and
consequently the society and State will develop".
The Chief Minister congratulated the UPA Chairperson
Sonia Gandhi and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for paving way
for smooth passage of the Bill in the Parliament with all
major political parties supporting it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH