One held for illegal possession of explosives and detonators in Hyderabad
Hyderabad: The city police arrested one person for illegal possession of explosive material and seized as many as 1,500 gelatin sticks and 675 electric detonators from his possesion.
Acting on a tip-off, sleuths of Commissioner`s Task Force (West Zone Team) apprehended one Malleypaka Bhasker, a supervisor, who was in illegal possession of explosive material without any valid licence, the police said here on Friday.
The accused is a supervisor working for a blasting contractor called Venkanna, who had been bringing gelatin sticks and detonators to a site here for blasting huge rocks, the police said.
The site contractor and masons avoided procedures of obtaining license or permission and encouraged illegal sale of blasting material in order to avoid paying the required government fee, the police said. Further investigations were on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic