One killed, 19 inured in Trinamool-CPI(M) clash
Burdwan: One person was killed and another 19 injured during a clash in Burdwan district between followers of the ruling Trinamool Congress and the Opposition CPI(M), police said on Saturday.
The incident took place last night at Kaity Bazar area after which three injured were shifted to a hospital in Kolkata and 16 admitted to Burdwan Medical College and Hospital.
Local tribals reportedly used bow and arrow during the clash, police said adding that a TMC supporter Sk Siraj of Alampur was taken to local hospital but was declared dead.
Police raided the area later on and so far 20 accused have been arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends