One killed, 19 inured in Trinamool-CPI(M) clash
Burdwan: One person was killed and another 19 injured during a clash in Burdwan district between followers of the ruling Trinamool Congress and the Opposition CPI(M), police said on Saturday.
The incident took place last night at Kaity Bazar area after which three injured were shifted to a hospital in Kolkata and 16 admitted to Burdwan Medical College and Hospital.
Local tribals reportedly used bow and arrow during the clash, police said adding that a TMC supporter Sk Siraj of Alampur was taken to local hospital but was declared dead.
Police raided the area later on and so far 20 accused have been arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack