One killed, 19 inured in Trinamool-CPI(M) clash
Burdwan: One person was killed and another 19 injured during a clash in Burdwan district between followers of the ruling Trinamool Congress and the Opposition CPI(M), police said on Saturday.
The incident took place last night at Kaity Bazar area after which three injured were shifted to a hospital in Kolkata and 16 admitted to Burdwan Medical College and Hospital.
Local tribals reportedly used bow and arrow during the clash, police said adding that a TMC supporter Sk Siraj of Alampur was taken to local hospital but was declared dead.
Police raided the area later on and so far 20 accused have been arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'