One killed, 19 inured in Trinamool-CPI(M) clash
Burdwan: One person was killed and another 19 injured during a clash in Burdwan district between followers of the ruling Trinamool Congress and the Opposition CPI(M), police said on Saturday.
The incident took place last night at Kaity Bazar area after which three injured were shifted to a hospital in Kolkata and 16 admitted to Burdwan Medical College and Hospital.
Local tribals reportedly used bow and arrow during the clash, police said adding that a TMC supporter Sk Siraj of Alampur was taken to local hospital but was declared dead.
Police raided the area later on and so far 20 accused have been arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred