One more held for `nasty` comment against YSRCP MP on Facebook
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Police on Friday arrested one more person for allegedly passing objectionable comments against YSRCP MP from Araku, K Geetha, on a social networking site, taking the total number of arrests in the case to three.
"Accused Maddula Prasad alias Prasad Fernandez, a businessman, at Maharanipet in Visakhapatnam passed nasty comments on the Facebook page created by Inturi Ravi Kiran with photos and cartoons against K Geetha," CID Additional Director General of Police Ch Dwarka Tirumala Rao said.
On August 5, police had arrested Ravi Kiran of Mahabubnagar district in Telangana and Polla Suresh Krishna, an MBA student of Ongole in Prakasam district of Andhra Pradesh in this connection.
According to police, Ravi Kiran had created a Facebook page containing political cartoons and posted it on the website on July 30 and 31, while Krishna had allegedly posted some "vulgar" comments on the page.
"Prasad was among the many persons who had allegedly passed nasty comments," police added.
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi- Part II
- ED summons former Air Chief Marshal S.P. Tyagi
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Sharad Pawar endorses Nitish Kumar as face of united oppn, Congress stays mum
- Indian Mathematician mimics viruses to design smallest self-assembling structures
- TN polls: DMK promises metro rail service for Coimbatore
- Netaji files declassification: Morarji had declined to accept inquiry commissions report
- OMG! 25,000 women died due to dowry in last two years, says govt