One more held for `nasty` comment against YSRCP MP on Facebook
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Police on Friday arrested one more person for allegedly passing objectionable comments against YSRCP MP from Araku, K Geetha, on a social networking site, taking the total number of arrests in the case to three.
"Accused Maddula Prasad alias Prasad Fernandez, a businessman, at Maharanipet in Visakhapatnam passed nasty comments on the Facebook page created by Inturi Ravi Kiran with photos and cartoons against K Geetha," CID Additional Director General of Police Ch Dwarka Tirumala Rao said.
On August 5, police had arrested Ravi Kiran of Mahabubnagar district in Telangana and Polla Suresh Krishna, an MBA student of Ongole in Prakasam district of Andhra Pradesh in this connection.
According to police, Ravi Kiran had created a Facebook page containing political cartoons and posted it on the website on July 30 and 31, while Krishna had allegedly posted some "vulgar" comments on the page.
"Prasad was among the many persons who had allegedly passed nasty comments," police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi