One more held for `nasty` comment against YSRCP MP on Facebook
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Police on Friday arrested one more person for allegedly passing objectionable comments against YSRCP MP from Araku, K Geetha, on a social networking site, taking the total number of arrests in the case to three.
"Accused Maddula Prasad alias Prasad Fernandez, a businessman, at Maharanipet in Visakhapatnam passed nasty comments on the Facebook page created by Inturi Ravi Kiran with photos and cartoons against K Geetha," CID Additional Director General of Police Ch Dwarka Tirumala Rao said.
On August 5, police had arrested Ravi Kiran of Mahabubnagar district in Telangana and Polla Suresh Krishna, an MBA student of Ongole in Prakasam district of Andhra Pradesh in this connection.
According to police, Ravi Kiran had created a Facebook page containing political cartoons and posted it on the website on July 30 and 31, while Krishna had allegedly posted some "vulgar" comments on the page.
"Prasad was among the many persons who had allegedly passed nasty comments," police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence