One more held for `nasty` comment against YSRCP MP on Facebook
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Police on Friday arrested one more person for allegedly passing objectionable comments against YSRCP MP from Araku, K Geetha, on a social networking site, taking the total number of arrests in the case to three.
"Accused Maddula Prasad alias Prasad Fernandez, a businessman, at Maharanipet in Visakhapatnam passed nasty comments on the Facebook page created by Inturi Ravi Kiran with photos and cartoons against K Geetha," CID Additional Director General of Police Ch Dwarka Tirumala Rao said.
On August 5, police had arrested Ravi Kiran of Mahabubnagar district in Telangana and Polla Suresh Krishna, an MBA student of Ongole in Prakasam district of Andhra Pradesh in this connection.
According to police, Ravi Kiran had created a Facebook page containing political cartoons and posted it on the website on July 30 and 31, while Krishna had allegedly posted some "vulgar" comments on the page.
"Prasad was among the many persons who had allegedly passed nasty comments," police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Mahatma Gandhi: Know six things you didn't know about him
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview