One person nabbed for trying to break open ATM
Bangalore: A month after a woman was brutally attacked by an assailant inside a ATM, one person belonging to a two-member gang was arrested for attempting to break open an ATM in the wee hours here on Sunday.
"We have arrested one person belonging to a two-member gang for trying to break open the SBI ATM in the wee hours," police told reporters here.
The other culprit was at large and a manhunt has been launched to nab him, police said.
The gang barged into the ATM brandishing sharp weapons when the security man Shabuddin was fast asleep. They woke him up and tied his hands and one of them tried to break open the ATM machine with his helmet and the other, wearing a monkey cap, kept guard outside, police said.
However, the 35-year-old Shabuddin managed to set his hands free and picked up the sharp weapon lying on the floor and attacked the person trying to break open the ATM, police said.
The culprit retaliated by smashing the helmet on to Shabuddin`s head, inflicting injuries, police said, adding, the person keeping vigil escaped following the scuffle.
The injured Sandeep, hailing from Jammu and Kashmir, was arrested with the help of people, police said.
He has been shifted to hospital for medical treatment, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate