One person nabbed for trying to break open ATM
Bangalore: A month after a woman was brutally attacked by an assailant inside a ATM, one person belonging to a two-member gang was arrested for attempting to break open an ATM in the wee hours here on Sunday.
"We have arrested one person belonging to a two-member gang for trying to break open the SBI ATM in the wee hours," police told reporters here.
The other culprit was at large and a manhunt has been launched to nab him, police said.
The gang barged into the ATM brandishing sharp weapons when the security man Shabuddin was fast asleep. They woke him up and tied his hands and one of them tried to break open the ATM machine with his helmet and the other, wearing a monkey cap, kept guard outside, police said.
However, the 35-year-old Shabuddin managed to set his hands free and picked up the sharp weapon lying on the floor and attacked the person trying to break open the ATM, police said.
The culprit retaliated by smashing the helmet on to Shabuddin`s head, inflicting injuries, police said, adding, the person keeping vigil escaped following the scuffle.
The injured Sandeep, hailing from Jammu and Kashmir, was arrested with the help of people, police said.
He has been shifted to hospital for medical treatment, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Xiaomi MIUI 8 ROM starts rolling out: Know which phones in India will get the update
- Denied help by hospital authorities, Odisha man walks 10-km carrying wife's dead body; WATCH
- Salman Khan's fan trolled, criticised Yogeshwar Dutt after he was out of Olympics. Here's his FITTING reply
- Setback for NSUI as ABVP wins big in student union polls in Rajasthan
- North Korea leader says missile test `greatest success`