Only Chandrababu Naidu can develop Seemandhra, say ministers
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh ministers Ganta Srinivasa Rao, T G Venkatesh and Erasu Pratap Reddy, who are all set to join the Telugu Desam Party (TDP), on Thursday said that only TDP chief Chandrababu Naidu had the ability to develop the Seemandhra region "comprehensively".
"Now that Andhra Pradesh has been bifurcated, we need a strong and experienced leader who can develop our region. Chandrababu not only has the experience, but also the vision to develop Seemandhra. Hence, we decided to join the TDP," the ministers, who were until recently with the ruling Congress, told reporters after meeting Naidu, to finalise their political plans here tonight.
"Only Chandrababu Naidu can turn Seemandhra into a Swarnandhra Pradesh (golden AP)," they said.
At a time when the BJP wind is blowing across the country, a leader with cordial relations with the national party is required to carry forward development plans, they said.
"Chandrababu has the right kind of relations with national leaders. He can put them to good use for the development of Seemaandhra," they said.
"We (people) don`t need a leader who is concerned only about his own well being," the ministers said, indirectly taking a dig at YSR Congress president Y S Jaganmohan Reddy.
T G Venkatesh and Erasu, who hail from Kurnool in the Rayalaseema region, said they suggested that Kurnool, which was the erstwhile capital of the Andhra state between 1953 and 1956, be made the second capital city of residual AP.
"We could have two capital cities like Jammu and Kashmir. That will contain the regional unrest, if any, and also contribute to development of the region," they said.
While Ganta Srinivasa Rao and four other Congress MLAs from their native Visakhapatnam district would formally join the TDP at a rally in Visakhapatnam on March 8, T G Venkatesh and Erasu will join the party at a similar rally in Kurnool at a later date.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok