Only Telangana with Hyd as its capital will be acceptable: TRS
Hyderabad: Asserting that nothing short of Telangana with Hyderabad as its capital will be acceptable to the party, the Telangana Rashtra Samiti on Thursday hoped that "wisdom would prevail" on the Centre to make a "right choice" on the separate statehood issue.
"We are told that the Srikrishna Committee has given some options...We hope wisdom will prevail and Centre will take the right choice and live up to the promise it made to the people
of Telangana on December 9, 2009. Other than Telangana, with Hyderabad as its capital, nothing else will be acceptable to us," TRS MLA and party chief K Chandrasekhar Rao`s son KT Rama Rao told a news agency.
The TRS will be ready for a dialogue with the Centre if it is committed to the formation of Telangana, he said.
Asked about Union Home Minister P Chidambaram`s appeal to the political parties to read the Committee report with an "open mind", Rama Rao said the decision to form a separate
state is a political one and that it is for the Centre to take a call on it.
"It is truly unfortunate that the Centre is trying to push the ball back in the court of political parties. After a year of consultations, it is upto to the Union Government to take a call and decide which option it would take. Now, the decision making power lies with the Centre."
"I would like to remind the Home Minister that none of the states formed earlier, were formed on a basis of a Committee`s report. It is a political decision that needs to
taken. We are hoping that the UPA government will take a right decision," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends