Open criticism of CM not acceptable, AP leaders told
Hyderabad: All India Congress Committee
secretary, Krishnamurthy, on Wednesday held talks with Andhra Pradesh
Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, state Congress chief Botsa
Satyanarayana, ministers and MLAs, against the backdrop of
heightened dissident activity in the party.
Krishnamurthy, however, warned that adverse remarks
against the Chief Minister would not be accepted, even as the
demand for Kiran Kumar`s removal is being voiced openly by
senior leaders, following the party`s debacle in the recent
by-elections to seven Assembly constituencies.
Interestingly, the AICC secretary claimed that nobody
made the demand to replace Kiran Kumar during the talks he
held. "We will not accept any open criticism of the Chief
Minister. It is not proper for senior leaders to go public
with their dissident voices," he said.
Krishnamurthy spoke to ministers and MLAs from various
districts separately to get feedback about the party`s state
of affairs ahead of the coming by-elections to 18 Assembly
seats and Nellore Lok Sabha seat, Congress sources said.
Talking to reporters later, the AICC secretary observed
that both the government and the party in the state were
"strong". He parried a question on Telangana statehood issue,
saying it was under the Centre`s purview.
The long-pending appointments of presidents of District
Congress Committees would happen soon, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray