Open criticism of CM not acceptable, AP leaders told
Hyderabad: All India Congress Committee
secretary, Krishnamurthy, on Wednesday held talks with Andhra Pradesh
Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, state Congress chief Botsa
Satyanarayana, ministers and MLAs, against the backdrop of
heightened dissident activity in the party.
Krishnamurthy, however, warned that adverse remarks
against the Chief Minister would not be accepted, even as the
demand for Kiran Kumar`s removal is being voiced openly by
senior leaders, following the party`s debacle in the recent
by-elections to seven Assembly constituencies.
Interestingly, the AICC secretary claimed that nobody
made the demand to replace Kiran Kumar during the talks he
held. "We will not accept any open criticism of the Chief
Minister. It is not proper for senior leaders to go public
with their dissident voices," he said.
Krishnamurthy spoke to ministers and MLAs from various
districts separately to get feedback about the party`s state
of affairs ahead of the coming by-elections to 18 Assembly
seats and Nellore Lok Sabha seat, Congress sources said.
Talking to reporters later, the AICC secretary observed
that both the government and the party in the state were
"strong". He parried a question on Telangana statehood issue,
saying it was under the Centre`s purview.
The long-pending appointments of presidents of District
Congress Committees would happen soon, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof