Open criticism of CM not acceptable, AP leaders told
Hyderabad: All India Congress Committee
secretary, Krishnamurthy, on Wednesday held talks with Andhra Pradesh
Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, state Congress chief Botsa
Satyanarayana, ministers and MLAs, against the backdrop of
heightened dissident activity in the party.
Krishnamurthy, however, warned that adverse remarks
against the Chief Minister would not be accepted, even as the
demand for Kiran Kumar`s removal is being voiced openly by
senior leaders, following the party`s debacle in the recent
by-elections to seven Assembly constituencies.
Interestingly, the AICC secretary claimed that nobody
made the demand to replace Kiran Kumar during the talks he
held. "We will not accept any open criticism of the Chief
Minister. It is not proper for senior leaders to go public
with their dissident voices," he said.
Krishnamurthy spoke to ministers and MLAs from various
districts separately to get feedback about the party`s state
of affairs ahead of the coming by-elections to 18 Assembly
seats and Nellore Lok Sabha seat, Congress sources said.
Talking to reporters later, the AICC secretary observed
that both the government and the party in the state were
"strong". He parried a question on Telangana statehood issue,
saying it was under the Centre`s purview.
The long-pending appointments of presidents of District
Congress Committees would happen soon, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM