Open criticism of CM not acceptable, AP leaders told
Hyderabad: All India Congress Committee
secretary, Krishnamurthy, on Wednesday held talks with Andhra Pradesh
Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, state Congress chief Botsa
Satyanarayana, ministers and MLAs, against the backdrop of
heightened dissident activity in the party.
Krishnamurthy, however, warned that adverse remarks
against the Chief Minister would not be accepted, even as the
demand for Kiran Kumar`s removal is being voiced openly by
senior leaders, following the party`s debacle in the recent
by-elections to seven Assembly constituencies.
Interestingly, the AICC secretary claimed that nobody
made the demand to replace Kiran Kumar during the talks he
held. "We will not accept any open criticism of the Chief
Minister. It is not proper for senior leaders to go public
with their dissident voices," he said.
Krishnamurthy spoke to ministers and MLAs from various
districts separately to get feedback about the party`s state
of affairs ahead of the coming by-elections to 18 Assembly
seats and Nellore Lok Sabha seat, Congress sources said.
Talking to reporters later, the AICC secretary observed
that both the government and the party in the state were
"strong". He parried a question on Telangana statehood issue,
saying it was under the Centre`s purview.
The long-pending appointments of presidents of District
Congress Committees would happen soon, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer? - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of India's first-ever indigenous space shuttle RLV-TD
- DNA: Analysis of Chabahar pact signed between India, Iran and Afghanistan
- French Open 2016: Stan Wawrinka escapes historic blow, Garbine Muguruza struggles
- Cancer-causing chemicals found in bread samples, says CSE; Health Ministry orders probe
- Help your child grow with Ziro, a dexterous robotics kit for kids!
- Baltimore police officer acquitted in Freddie Gray death
- Bombs kill nearly 150 in Syrian government-held cities