Open criticism of CM not acceptable, AP leaders told
Hyderabad: All India Congress Committee
secretary, Krishnamurthy, on Wednesday held talks with Andhra Pradesh
Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, state Congress chief Botsa
Satyanarayana, ministers and MLAs, against the backdrop of
heightened dissident activity in the party.
Krishnamurthy, however, warned that adverse remarks
against the Chief Minister would not be accepted, even as the
demand for Kiran Kumar`s removal is being voiced openly by
senior leaders, following the party`s debacle in the recent
by-elections to seven Assembly constituencies.
Interestingly, the AICC secretary claimed that nobody
made the demand to replace Kiran Kumar during the talks he
held. "We will not accept any open criticism of the Chief
Minister. It is not proper for senior leaders to go public
with their dissident voices," he said.
Krishnamurthy spoke to ministers and MLAs from various
districts separately to get feedback about the party`s state
of affairs ahead of the coming by-elections to 18 Assembly
seats and Nellore Lok Sabha seat, Congress sources said.
Talking to reporters later, the AICC secretary observed
that both the government and the party in the state were
"strong". He parried a question on Telangana statehood issue,
saying it was under the Centre`s purview.
The long-pending appointments of presidents of District
Congress Committees would happen soon, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Top six excuses man gives to REJECT woman’s proposal
- Atmosphere of ancient Mars had high levels of oxygen: NASA
- Shiv Sena mocks Amit Shah on 'Sholay' posters, BJP warns of `fitting reply`
- Tired of an unruly mane? Watch how to keep hair your straight all day long!
- 7th Pay Commission: Five recommendations that will disappoint govt employees