Oppn parties in Andhra attack Cong on Telangana
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh`s opposition parties on Friday attacked ruling Congress for leaving a decision on Telangana statehood issue to the party`s highest decision-making forum Congress Working Committee.
Protagonists of Telangana statehood in Andhra Pradesh`s ruling Congress are a disappointed a lot after the party left a decision on it to CWC.
"It is very clear that Congress has been enacting a drama on Telangana issue. It has once again deceived the people of the state by prolonging the drama", Telugu Desam Telangana Forum convenor and senior MLA Errabilli Dayakar Rao said.
"People would teach a befitting lesson to Congress if it did not take an immediate decision on the statehood issue", he added.
TDP spokesman A Revanth Reddy asked Congress to bring the curtains down on its "Telangana drama" and "not let the state fall victim to its conspiracies".
CPI-M politburo member and state secretary B V Raghavulu said Congress? "drama, with an eye on impending panchayat elections, has been exposed".
"We can’t trust that CWC will take a final decision", he said.
State BJP president G Kishan Reddy wondered why the statehood issue had to be referred to CWC when all the top leaders of Congress were part of the Core Committee.
The Core Committee`s decision today caused dismay among Congress leaders from Telangana region.
One senior Congress minister from Telangana, who had been camping in New Delhi for the past two days, summed up the mood in their camp when he said that the build-up to today`s meeting did us in."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre