Oppn stalls proceedings in AP Assembly over JLC probe
Hyderabad: The Congress government in Andhra
Pradesh continued to face the heat of a combined opposition onslaught in the Assembly for the third consecutive day Friday, as the latter stalled proceedings demanding constitution of a
Joint Legislature Committee (JLC) to probe the various land
deals since 2004.
Assurance by Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy that the
government would make a statement in the Assembly on Monday on
the controversial land allotments did not satisfy main
opposition Telugu Desam Party.
The TDP MLAs, who stormed the Speaker`s podium demanding a JLC, forced adjournment of the proceedings twice this morning.
As soon as the House assembled this morning, the TDP
members trooped into the Well of the House holding placards
and demanding that the JLC be constituted to probe the
controversial land allotments. The CPM and the CPI supported
Officiating Speaker Nadendla Manohar repeatedly appealed
to the members to ensure order in the House but to no avail.
This led to the first adjournment for 15 minutes.
When the House re-assembled after 70 minutes, the TDP
legislators were on their feet again with their demand.
The Chief Minister intervened to tell the House that the
government would not only review the land allotments case by
case but also the entire allotment policy.
"We are committed on the issue. We shall make a statement
on the issue on Monday," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!