Opponents attack Jagan ahead of fast at Nizamabad
Hyderabad: TRS, the Telangana political Joint
Action Committee (JAC) and Congress leaders from the region
voiced stiff opposition to Kadapa MP YS Jagan Mohan
Reddy`s fast to be held at Nizamabad district on Tuesday.
"Jagan has an anti-Telangana attitude. He never spoke in
support of Telangana. He has tried to evade a clear stance on
the separate statehood demand (by saying that the decision on
it has to be taken by Centre). All Congress activists in
Telangana should oppose his visit," Congress Lok Sabha member
from Karimnagar Ponnam Prabhakar told reporters.
Jagan is scheduled to hold a 48-hour fast at Armoor in
Nizamabad district over farmers` problems.
The JAC alleged that Jagan`s visit to Nizamabad district
in Telangana region is only a manifestation of the "domination
of coastal Andhra" over Telangana.
"We seek a clear stand on Telangana. No one should come
here without a clear stance on the separate statehood issue.
No political yatra should be undertaken in Telangana (without
endorsing separate statehood demand)," JAC convener M
Maintaining that Jagan has proved himself to be against
Telangana, TRS MLA and party president K Chandrasekhar Rao`s
son KT Rama Rao said the YSR Congress leader is bound to face
Asserting that it respected the sentiments of Telangana
people, the YSR Congress, however, says that it is for the
Centre to take a decision on the issue.
The TRS and JAC have earlier opposed the visits of TDP
chief N Chandrababu Naidu to Warangal district in Telangana
because of his allegedly ambivalent stance on the statehood
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA