Opponents attack Jagan ahead of fast at Nizamabad
Hyderabad: TRS, the Telangana political Joint
Action Committee (JAC) and Congress leaders from the region
voiced stiff opposition to Kadapa MP YS Jagan Mohan
Reddy`s fast to be held at Nizamabad district on Tuesday.
"Jagan has an anti-Telangana attitude. He never spoke in
support of Telangana. He has tried to evade a clear stance on
the separate statehood demand (by saying that the decision on
it has to be taken by Centre). All Congress activists in
Telangana should oppose his visit," Congress Lok Sabha member
from Karimnagar Ponnam Prabhakar told reporters.
Jagan is scheduled to hold a 48-hour fast at Armoor in
Nizamabad district over farmers` problems.
The JAC alleged that Jagan`s visit to Nizamabad district
in Telangana region is only a manifestation of the "domination
of coastal Andhra" over Telangana.
"We seek a clear stand on Telangana. No one should come
here without a clear stance on the separate statehood issue.
No political yatra should be undertaken in Telangana (without
endorsing separate statehood demand)," JAC convener M
Maintaining that Jagan has proved himself to be against
Telangana, TRS MLA and party president K Chandrasekhar Rao`s
son KT Rama Rao said the YSR Congress leader is bound to face
Asserting that it respected the sentiments of Telangana
people, the YSR Congress, however, says that it is for the
Centre to take a decision on the issue.
The TRS and JAC have earlier opposed the visits of TDP
chief N Chandrababu Naidu to Warangal district in Telangana
because of his allegedly ambivalent stance on the statehood
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof