Opposition slams Congress for not deciding Telangana issue
Hyderabad: The Congress was only delaying a decision on Telangana by announcing that CWC would take the final call on the statehood issue, Opposition parties in Andhra Pradesh on Friday said.
"Why the Congress Working Committee (CWC) has not taken a decision so far, when such a massive agitation is taking place? Did Congress convene CWC to take a call on important issues like FDI? They even bypassed Parliament to issue an Ordinance on food security. Does Congress have any responsibility," state BJP president G Kishan Reddy asked, adding that his party would organise protests against the Congress` attitude to the issue.
Condemning the delay in taking decision on the issue, Telangana Joint Action Committee (JAC) chairman M Kodandaram said they would intensify the agitation for statehood.
TDP MLA A Revant Reddy too accused the Congress of resorting to delaying tactics, while TRS floor leader in the Assembly E Rajender said his party would continue its efforts to realise the statehood demand while criticising the delay.
The decision on the vexed issue was deferred today with the Congress announcing that final decision will be taken by the CWC.
Meanwhile, the bandh called by the students Joint Action Committee in support of the united Andhra Pradesh passed off peacefully in Rayalaseema and coastal Andhra.
Protesters, which included students and lawyers, organised rallies, human chains and sit-ins across the non-Telangana regions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui