Opposition slams Congress for not deciding Telangana issue
Hyderabad: The Congress was only delaying a decision on Telangana by announcing that CWC would take the final call on the statehood issue, Opposition parties in Andhra Pradesh on Friday said.
"Why the Congress Working Committee (CWC) has not taken a decision so far, when such a massive agitation is taking place? Did Congress convene CWC to take a call on important issues like FDI? They even bypassed Parliament to issue an Ordinance on food security. Does Congress have any responsibility," state BJP president G Kishan Reddy asked, adding that his party would organise protests against the Congress` attitude to the issue.
Condemning the delay in taking decision on the issue, Telangana Joint Action Committee (JAC) chairman M Kodandaram said they would intensify the agitation for statehood.
TDP MLA A Revant Reddy too accused the Congress of resorting to delaying tactics, while TRS floor leader in the Assembly E Rajender said his party would continue its efforts to realise the statehood demand while criticising the delay.
The decision on the vexed issue was deferred today with the Congress announcing that final decision will be taken by the CWC.
Meanwhile, the bandh called by the students Joint Action Committee in support of the united Andhra Pradesh passed off peacefully in Rayalaseema and coastal Andhra.
Protesters, which included students and lawyers, organised rallies, human chains and sit-ins across the non-Telangana regions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog