Opposition stalls proceedings of AP Assembly
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Assembly remained paralysed over Telangana for the third day on Wednesday as TDP and TRS members stalled the proceedings demanding a discussion and adoption of a resolution on the statehood issue.
The House had to be adjourned for 15 minutes for the first time as TDP and TRS legislators surrounded the Speaker`s podium raising slogans in support of their demand.
A couple of independent MLAs also joined the protest. The House resumed after 130 minutes but there was no let up in the opposition`s stance.
Even as the din continued, Speaker rushed through the business of moving demands for grants related to different departments.
A Bill to amend the Excise Act was also passed. Speaker Nadendla Manohar, on behalf of the House, moved a motion appealing to youths and students not to resort to suicide.
"It`s a matter of grave concern that some youths are committing suicide in the state in recent days. In a democracy, solution to any vexatious issue can be found only in an amicable manner and suicides are not a solution," the Speaker observed.
He expressed sympathies to the bereaved families. As the TDP and TRS members continued to raising slogans remaining in the Well of the House, a few Congress legislators from Telangana too rose to their feet at their respective positions and joined chorus.
The Speaker then adjourned the House for another ten minutes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- 'Doctor Strange' trailer: As spellbinding as it could be!- Watch
- RIL, BP spend Rs 4,500 crore to maintain gas output at KG-D6
- Government to set up special court for all NSEL cases
- Vijay Mallya's 8 luxury cars to be auctioned for Rs 14 lakh
- Fourteen killed, over 20 wounded in suicide attack in Iraq's Kadhmiyah