Opposition stalls proceedings of AP Assembly
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Assembly remained paralysed over Telangana for the third day on Wednesday as TDP and TRS members stalled the proceedings demanding a discussion and adoption of a resolution on the statehood issue.
The House had to be adjourned for 15 minutes for the first time as TDP and TRS legislators surrounded the Speaker`s podium raising slogans in support of their demand.
A couple of independent MLAs also joined the protest. The House resumed after 130 minutes but there was no let up in the opposition`s stance.
Even as the din continued, Speaker rushed through the business of moving demands for grants related to different departments.
A Bill to amend the Excise Act was also passed. Speaker Nadendla Manohar, on behalf of the House, moved a motion appealing to youths and students not to resort to suicide.
"It`s a matter of grave concern that some youths are committing suicide in the state in recent days. In a democracy, solution to any vexatious issue can be found only in an amicable manner and suicides are not a solution," the Speaker observed.
He expressed sympathies to the bereaved families. As the TDP and TRS members continued to raising slogans remaining in the Well of the House, a few Congress legislators from Telangana too rose to their feet at their respective positions and joined chorus.
The Speaker then adjourned the House for another ten minutes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble