Opposition stalls proceedings of AP Assembly
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Assembly remained paralysed over Telangana for the third day on Wednesday as TDP and TRS members stalled the proceedings demanding a discussion and adoption of a resolution on the statehood issue.
The House had to be adjourned for 15 minutes for the first time as TDP and TRS legislators surrounded the Speaker`s podium raising slogans in support of their demand.
A couple of independent MLAs also joined the protest. The House resumed after 130 minutes but there was no let up in the opposition`s stance.
Even as the din continued, Speaker rushed through the business of moving demands for grants related to different departments.
A Bill to amend the Excise Act was also passed. Speaker Nadendla Manohar, on behalf of the House, moved a motion appealing to youths and students not to resort to suicide.
"It`s a matter of grave concern that some youths are committing suicide in the state in recent days. In a democracy, solution to any vexatious issue can be found only in an amicable manner and suicides are not a solution," the Speaker observed.
He expressed sympathies to the bereaved families. As the TDP and TRS members continued to raising slogans remaining in the Well of the House, a few Congress legislators from Telangana too rose to their feet at their respective positions and joined chorus.
The Speaker then adjourned the House for another ten minutes.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory