Orphanage director held for raping minor girl
Visakhapatnam: An orphanage director was on Sunday arrested for allegedly raping a 13-year-old girl inmate, police said.
Swami Poornananda (52) was apprehended under section section 376 (punishment for rape) of the IPC after the victim lodged a complaint against him, they said.
The accused is head of the city-based Swami Gnananda Ashram which houses an orphanage and old-age home.
He was picked up from the Ashram premises along with a woman, police said.
It is suspected that the alleged incident might have taken some three months back as claimed by the girl, police said.
Meanwhile, members of a tribal students association thrashed the accused alleging that he had sexually assaulted other inmates of the shelter as well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state