Oscar Fernandes justifies deferment on Telangana issue
Guntur (AP): Senior Congress leader Oscar Fernandes on Monday justified the deferment by Congress and the government a decision on Telangana statehood issue saying it is "sensitive" and all stakeholders need to be consulted.
"Since Telangana is a sensitive issue, all stake-holders have to be consulted before arriving at a final decision. The issue is only deferred", Fernandes told reporters at district Congress office here.
To a query that Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde had at an all-party meet held in New Delhi on December 28 heard all parties and declared it was the final meet on the issue, Fernandes replied "the (Congress) core committee wanted to have more consultations on the issue".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test