Oscar Fernandes justifies deferment on Telangana issue
Guntur (AP): Senior Congress leader Oscar Fernandes on Monday justified the deferment by Congress and the government a decision on Telangana statehood issue saying it is "sensitive" and all stakeholders need to be consulted.
"Since Telangana is a sensitive issue, all stake-holders have to be consulted before arriving at a final decision. The issue is only deferred", Fernandes told reporters at district Congress office here.
To a query that Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde had at an all-party meet held in New Delhi on December 28 heard all parties and declared it was the final meet on the issue, Fernandes replied "the (Congress) core committee wanted to have more consultations on the issue".
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today