Oscar Fernandes justifies deferment on Telangana issue
Guntur (AP): Senior Congress leader Oscar Fernandes on Monday justified the deferment by Congress and the government a decision on Telangana statehood issue saying it is "sensitive" and all stakeholders need to be consulted.
"Since Telangana is a sensitive issue, all stake-holders have to be consulted before arriving at a final decision. The issue is only deferred", Fernandes told reporters at district Congress office here.
To a query that Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde had at an all-party meet held in New Delhi on December 28 heard all parties and declared it was the final meet on the issue, Fernandes replied "the (Congress) core committee wanted to have more consultations on the issue".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional