Osmania University PG entrance exam from June 14
Hyderabad: The entrance examination for
admission into various Post Graduate and PG Diploma courses
offered by Osmania University (in its constituent and
affiliated colleges) and Telangana, Mahatma Gandhi and
Palamuru Universities for the academic year 2010-11 will be
held from June 14 to 25.
The exam, being held for 52 subjects, will be
conducted at 70 centres across Hyderabad and Secunderabad, OU
Vice-Chancellor T Tirupati Rao told reporters here today.
The city-based Osmania University has 13,727 seats
while Telangana University in Nizamabad has 574, Mahatma
Gandhi University in Nalgonda 230 and Palamuru University in
Mahabubnagar has 320 seats.
Directorate of Admissions (OU), Director B Rajeswara
Reddy, said so far 1.05 lakh candidates had applied for Post
Graduate and PG Diploma courses, while as many as 20,400
students have applied for Chemistry subject alone.
The results will be announced by first week of July
and counselling will soon follow to enable students to get
admissions in any of the four universities on the basis of the
rank they secure, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why