Osmania University PG entrance exam from June 14
Hyderabad: The entrance examination for
admission into various Post Graduate and PG Diploma courses
offered by Osmania University (in its constituent and
affiliated colleges) and Telangana, Mahatma Gandhi and
Palamuru Universities for the academic year 2010-11 will be
held from June 14 to 25.
The exam, being held for 52 subjects, will be
conducted at 70 centres across Hyderabad and Secunderabad, OU
Vice-Chancellor T Tirupati Rao told reporters here today.
The city-based Osmania University has 13,727 seats
while Telangana University in Nizamabad has 574, Mahatma
Gandhi University in Nalgonda 230 and Palamuru University in
Mahabubnagar has 320 seats.
Directorate of Admissions (OU), Director B Rajeswara
Reddy, said so far 1.05 lakh candidates had applied for Post
Graduate and PG Diploma courses, while as many as 20,400
students have applied for Chemistry subject alone.
The results will be announced by first week of July
and counselling will soon follow to enable students to get
admissions in any of the four universities on the basis of the
rank they secure, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- 92 paise insurance premium for train travellers from August 31
- Saina Nehwal drops four places to be no.9, status quo for PV Sindhu
- Mauritius to remain major FDI source till March 2019: Experts
- Abhinav Bindra to head NRAI review committee on Rio debacle
- Now, WhatsApp to share your phone number with Facebook