Osmania University student murdered; ex-classmate prime suspect
Hyderabad: A 23-year-old post graduate student of Osmania University was allegedly strangulated to death by her friend at his residence in Chatrinaka area of Old City, police said on Tuesday.
A case of murder has been registered against the victim`s former classmate Shiv Kumar, who was also pursuing a PG course at the Osmania University, they said, adding a hunt is on to trace Kumar who is absconding.
The woman`s body with her limbs bound was found last night from Kumar`s residence, police said, adding they suspected she might have been killed at least two days back.
Police have ruled out sexual assault on the woman citing a preliminary medical report.
"There is no such indication as per the preliminary medical report, however, the post-mortem report revealed of "unforced" sexual intercourse", they said.
According to a police officer, the victim and Kumar developed friendship when they were classmates studying B.Ed course last year.
Earlier, OU students blocked roads at Afzalgunj this afternoon demanding immediate arrest of Kumar.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today