Osmania University students clash with police
Hyderabad: For the third consecutive day, Osmania University was rocked by clashes between students seeking the carving out of a separate Telangana state from Andhra Pradesh, and police.
Students trying to take out a rally as part of the "chalo assembly" march threw stones at policemen, who had sealed the campus gate to stop the protest. Police used teargas shells to disperse the students when try tried to remove the barricades. Two students were injured in the clashes.
Tension prevailed at the campus since morning Friday as students gathered at the Arts College to take out a rally, defying prohibitory orders. Police arrested 20 students.
Osmania University, the nerve centre of the Telangana movement for the last few years, is located about 10 km from the assembly building.
The students had also tried to take out rallies on Wednesday and Thursday, leading to clashes with police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi