OU to conduct exams for foreign students at separate centre
Hyderabad: Even as pro-Telangana students continue to boycott the PG examinations of the Osmania University, the varsity authorities have decided to conduct the ongoing exams for the foreign students at a separate centre from tomorrow.
Following a call to boycott the exams given by the Osmania University Students Joint Action Committee, demanding a Bill on formation of separate Telangana state be introduced in the Parliament, majority of the students have skipped the exams, being held at the OU campus.
Similarly, OU`s affiliated colleges in Hyderabad and other districts of Telangana also witnessed poor attendance for the exams that began on January 20.
Despite the low turnout, the OU authorities had made it clear the exams would continue as per the schedule.
The foreign students had demanded that the examinations for them should be held as scheduled as their visas might get expired.
The OSD to the Vice-chancellor B Laxmaiah said that the examinations would be conducted at AKM Oriental College in Amberpet from tomorrow onwards as per the original schedule, which will continue till February 7.
Over 4,000 foreign students are pursuing different courses in Osmania University and about 400 students are studying courses in the campus colleges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read