OU to conduct exams for foreign students at separate centre
Hyderabad: Even as pro-Telangana students continue to boycott the PG examinations of the Osmania University, the varsity authorities have decided to conduct the ongoing exams for the foreign students at a separate centre from tomorrow.
Following a call to boycott the exams given by the Osmania University Students Joint Action Committee, demanding a Bill on formation of separate Telangana state be introduced in the Parliament, majority of the students have skipped the exams, being held at the OU campus.
Similarly, OU`s affiliated colleges in Hyderabad and other districts of Telangana also witnessed poor attendance for the exams that began on January 20.
Despite the low turnout, the OU authorities had made it clear the exams would continue as per the schedule.
The foreign students had demanded that the examinations for them should be held as scheduled as their visas might get expired.
The OSD to the Vice-chancellor B Laxmaiah said that the examinations would be conducted at AKM Oriental College in Amberpet from tomorrow onwards as per the original schedule, which will continue till February 7.
Over 4,000 foreign students are pursuing different courses in Osmania University and about 400 students are studying courses in the campus colleges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore