OU to conduct exams for foreign students at separate centre
Hyderabad: Even as pro-Telangana students continue to boycott the PG examinations of the Osmania University, the varsity authorities have decided to conduct the ongoing exams for the foreign students at a separate centre from tomorrow.
Following a call to boycott the exams given by the Osmania University Students Joint Action Committee, demanding a Bill on formation of separate Telangana state be introduced in the Parliament, majority of the students have skipped the exams, being held at the OU campus.
Similarly, OU`s affiliated colleges in Hyderabad and other districts of Telangana also witnessed poor attendance for the exams that began on January 20.
Despite the low turnout, the OU authorities had made it clear the exams would continue as per the schedule.
The foreign students had demanded that the examinations for them should be held as scheduled as their visas might get expired.
The OSD to the Vice-chancellor B Laxmaiah said that the examinations would be conducted at AKM Oriental College in Amberpet from tomorrow onwards as per the original schedule, which will continue till February 7.
Over 4,000 foreign students are pursuing different courses in Osmania University and about 400 students are studying courses in the campus colleges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?
- IRS website hacked by suspected Pakistani hackers, messages like 'Pakistan Zindabad' posted