Our arrests personal vendetta by Congress: Asad Owaisi
Hyderabad: MIM president Asaduddin Owaisi Thursday alleged that his and his brother Akbaruddin Owaisi`s arrests were a "personal vendetta" against them and their party by the Congress-run government in Andhra Pradesh.
Talking to reporters after his release on bail in Sangareddy town of Medak district, Asad Owaisi said both the arrests were part of the "vindictive campaign" launched by the government.
"The arrest of mine should be seen in the context of Akbar`s arrest. Both arrests were made to take personal revenge against us and our party," said Owaisi, who was granted bail by a court in a seven-year-old case of rioting and manhandling an official.
The MIM chief, who is also a Lok Sabha member from Hyderabad, alleged that the government is playing with the life of his younger brother. "Akbar`s health is no good. If anything happens to him, government will be responsible," he said.
Akbar Owaisi, a member of the Andhra Pradesh assembly, is lodged in a jail in Adilabad district in a hate speech case.
Asad Owaisi vowed not to rest till the Congress government is brought down in a democratic manner.
"This high-handed behavior will not cow us down. In fact, my arrest has given me strength," he said, describing the government as anti-people, inefficient and communal.
Asad Owaisi said the government was vindictive towards YSR Congress party leader Y.S. Jaganmohan Reddy, Telugu Desam Party leader Kodela Sivaprasada Rao and other opposition leaders. He alleged that a Tamil Nadu-like situation was developing in Andhra Pradesh.
The MIM, which has seven legislators in the 294-member state assembly, withdrew its support to the Congress government in November last year.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview