Our arrests personal vendetta by Congress: Asad Owaisi
Hyderabad: MIM president Asaduddin Owaisi Thursday alleged that his and his brother Akbaruddin Owaisi`s arrests were a "personal vendetta" against them and their party by the Congress-run government in Andhra Pradesh.
Talking to reporters after his release on bail in Sangareddy town of Medak district, Asad Owaisi said both the arrests were part of the "vindictive campaign" launched by the government.
"The arrest of mine should be seen in the context of Akbar`s arrest. Both arrests were made to take personal revenge against us and our party," said Owaisi, who was granted bail by a court in a seven-year-old case of rioting and manhandling an official.
The MIM chief, who is also a Lok Sabha member from Hyderabad, alleged that the government is playing with the life of his younger brother. "Akbar`s health is no good. If anything happens to him, government will be responsible," he said.
Akbar Owaisi, a member of the Andhra Pradesh assembly, is lodged in a jail in Adilabad district in a hate speech case.
Asad Owaisi vowed not to rest till the Congress government is brought down in a democratic manner.
"This high-handed behavior will not cow us down. In fact, my arrest has given me strength," he said, describing the government as anti-people, inefficient and communal.
Asad Owaisi said the government was vindictive towards YSR Congress party leader Y.S. Jaganmohan Reddy, Telugu Desam Party leader Kodela Sivaprasada Rao and other opposition leaders. He alleged that a Tamil Nadu-like situation was developing in Andhra Pradesh.
The MIM, which has seven legislators in the 294-member state assembly, withdrew its support to the Congress government in November last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics