Over 1 kg gold seized from three air passengers in AP
Hyderabad: Over one kg of gold was today seized and three passengers were detained by the customs officials at the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport (RGIA) at Shamshabad near here.
On suspicion, the Air Intelligence Wing of Customs intercepted a male passenger, who landed from Bangkok, and during checking found 333 grams of gold bar which was concealed in a secret pouch in his trousers, a customs official said.
The officials also seized 231 gms and 468 gms of crude gold from an elderly man and his daughter-in-law respectively, who came by a flight from Dubai. They have been charged for non-declaration of the yellow metal, he said.
While the passenger from Bangkok "confessed" of trying to smuggle the gold, the duo from Dubai are contesting against it, the official said, adding that a penalty will be imposed on the three passengers, who were let off.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das