Over 100 college students hospitalised for food poisoning in Andhra

Last Updated: Thursday, December 20, 2012 - 20:08

Rajahmudnry (AP): Around 100 hostel students of a private college in East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh were hospitalised for suspected food poisoning, police said on Thursday.

"The incident occurred at Sri Chaitanya junior college at Godavari Gunta in the district last night," they said.

Police said altogether 300 students, who complained of uneasiness and vomiting after consuming the food at the college canteen, were rushed to three private hospitals last night.

"The hostel authorities served them the food cooked in the morning during the dinner," police said.
While 200 out of 300 students were discharged after receiving medical aid, around 100 girl students are undergoing treatment in three hospitals, police said, adding their condition is stable.

College authorities refused to speak to media.


Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.

First Published: Thursday, December 20, 2012 - 20:08

More from zeenews

comments powered by Disqus