Over 100 college students hospitalised for food poisoning in Andhra
Rajahmudnry (AP): Around 100 hostel students of a private college in East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh were hospitalised for suspected food poisoning, police said on Thursday.
"The incident occurred at Sri Chaitanya junior college at Godavari Gunta in the district last night," they said.
Police said altogether 300 students, who complained of uneasiness and vomiting after consuming the food at the college canteen, were rushed to three private hospitals last night.
"The hostel authorities served them the food cooked in the morning during the dinner," police said.
While 200 out of 300 students were discharged after receiving medical aid, around 100 girl students are undergoing treatment in three hospitals, police said, adding their condition is stable.
College authorities refused to speak to media.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed