Over 13 cr children benefit from mid-day meals: Govt
Rajahmundry: Minister of State for Human Resources Development D Purandeswari has said that over 13 crore children across the country are receiving benefits from the mid-day meal scheme.
"The mid-day meal scheme was introduced in 2001 in India, which has secured first position in implementing the mid-deal meal scheme in all Asian countries and over 13 crore children across the country are availing this scheme," the HRD minister said here yesterday after opening the Rs 1.6 crore integrated hostel building at Hasnabada village.
The scheme is not only providing meals but also providing nutritious food and taking care of health of the students under it, she said.
This integrated hostel has a facility to provide education to 400 students, State Social Welfare Minister P Subash Chandra Bose said.
The main aim to set up integrated hostels is to create a coordination and improve relations among students coming from various walks of life, he said adding late chief minister Y Rajasekhara Reddy had given top priority to integrated hostels and IITs, and the state government will continue all schemes launched by him.
On Right to Education Act, Purandeshwari said its main aim is to educate children from grassroot level and give access to it for people from all sections of the society without any discretion.
"The state government is taking all steps to continue all the welfare and benefit scheme introduced by Y S R for the benefit of all sections of people. Both the central and state
government has given top priority to education."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'